Aztec Sun Round Ripple

FelixLake

Wow........very nice :-) I am working on this right now........ I think I am about 70% finished. Using RH WW Monet and Soft white.

Isn't that a wonderful book?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spectacular!! How long did it take to make??? Great job!

I started it about a week before Christmas and was off the week between Christmas and New Year so I worked on it fairly steady, so about 3 weeks total. It was easy, but not boring because the count and stitches changed every row.

I decided to keep this one in the living room since it is just the perfect size for the couch, but I can't use it!!!! The cats have decided this is the only blanket (I have 4 in the living room) that they want to lay on!

I decided to keep this one in the living room since it is just the perfect size for the couch, but I can't use it!!!! The cats have decided this is the only blanket (I have 4 in the living room) that they want to lay on!

That is so pretty! I ordered the book and have this on my to-do list.

I looked at the rest of your photos. You do such nice work. I have a couple questions about your other projects, if you don't mind. The variagated RR, could I ask what colors and type of yarn you used? that is so pretty, that one is also on the infamous *list* of projects I want to do whenever I get the time. I also loved, loved, loved the afghan that looks like a quilt, the green and blue one with a star in the middle. Could I ask where you found the pattern, or is it an original? It is really spectacular.

Thanks in advance..I love looking at other's work.

Katie :hook

Felix, I was looking at your photobucket and saw the Care Bears. I've been thinking about buying the book. Can you tell me how difficult the patterns were? Thanks!

That is so pretty! I ordered the book and have this on my to-do list.

I looked at the rest of your photos. You do such nice work. I have a couple questions about your other projects, if you don't mind. The variagated RR, could I ask what colors and type of yarn you used? that is so pretty, that one is also on the infamous *list* of projects I want to do whenever I get the time. I also loved, loved, loved the afghan that looks like a quilt, the green and blue one with a star in the middle. Could I ask where you found the pattern, or is it an original? It is really spectacular.

Thanks in advance..I love looking at other's work.

Katie :hook

Thanks Katie, It's always great to get compliments. The variagated RR (I assume you mean the pastel baby RR) was a kit from Mary Maxim http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10054_16632_-1_15046_15047 It was done by holding 2 strands of yarn together. Two of the same color for a few rounds then a few rounds of 2 different colors. That is how the variaged was accomplished. You could do the same them without ordering the kit and using any RR pattern.

The one that looks like a quilt (I also quilt with fabric) was from the book Blue Ribbon Afghans from Leisure Arts. It was on the cover in blue, but green goes better in my house. There was a CAL done on this board and they found some corrections to that pattern, but I really didn't have any trouble, so before you do that one you should check for correction.

Beth

Felix, I was looking at your photobucket and saw the Care Bears. I've been thinking about buying the book. Can you tell me how difficult the patterns were? Thanks!

The Care Bears were easy to do. I like to do stuffed things, and these were some of the easiest I've done. For the tummy symbols I didn't use thread, I used felt and cut out the symbols and either glue or sew them on. I used heart shaped buttons for the bottom heart. I wouldn't use buttons or glue if I'm going to be giving them to children.

The Care Bears were easy to do. I like to do stuffed things, and these were some of the easiest I've done. For the tummy symbols I didn't use thread, I used felt and cut out the symbols and either glue or sew them on. I used heart shaped buttons for the bottom heart. I wouldn't use buttons or glue if I'm going to be giving them to children.

Thanks for the info! I just started amigumari's and a friend is having a baby this spring. I was thinking of a teddy bear to go with the blanket I'm going to make. And I was thinking of one of these for her daughter so she doesn't feel left out. I guess I'll have to break down and order the book :D Such a hardship.

Archived