Aztec Sun Round Ripple

FelixLake

Well I must find that pattern! I love your afghan and your choice of colors. I am hooked on the RR's now. They are easy to do and the perfect project ot work on while watching TV.

I edited this post to ask... Is that a Leisure Arts pattern book? I just found one on their site that says it is 40 favorite afghans. The blurb on the site that tells about the book says this......

"A ripple afghan is always a prize! This collection of 40 contest favorites was created by crocheters like you and provides a wide variety of stylish and original throws. Create a snowman afghan, a warm wrap of vineyard grapes, and more!" It also states it is soft cover and 124 pages. Is this the same book you have? I don't want to order it if doesn't have this pattern.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your "Sun" is bright and beautiful! And thanks for the info on the book. I totally forgot I had it stashed somewhere. I received it as a gift about a year ago.

And a note to Blondie: Yes it is a Leisure Arts Book #3338, and the snowman afghan is adorable! It is a combo of squares and ripple.

I just completed my 4th and 5th RR's from the pattern that I got through the "ville." But I think I am now ready for the challenge of doubling and re-doubling the points. Now, to decide on the colors! Guess I have to make one in the new school colors, as FootballSon has just transferred to another school.

Well I must find that pattern! I love your afghan and your choice of colors. I am hooked on the RR's now. They are easy to do and the perfect project ot work on while watching TV.

I edited this post to ask... Is that a Leisure Arts pattern book? I just found one on their site that says it is 40 favorite afghans. The blurb on the site that tells about the book says this......

"A ripple afghan is always a prize! This collection of 40 contest favorites was created by crocheters like you and provides a wide variety of stylish and original throws. Create a snowman afghan, a warm wrap of vineyard grapes, and more!" It also states it is soft cover and 124 pages. Is this the same book you have? I don't want to order it if doesn't have this pattern.

Thanks, that is the book. I got it at my local Hobby Lobby.

I've now started the Impressive Plaid one. These are all great because they use regular Worsted Weight yarn.

Thanks again all.

Beth

how long did it take to make it? How much yarn did it use? I have that pattern as well but it must have been printed in more than one publication. I found it on ebay in a small booklet that had 4 ripple aghans from leisure arts. I bought it for that pattern, but haven't tried it yet, seeing yours make me want to start it (as usual) I am trying to finish up some wips first. Good job, and nice colors on yours!

I'm sure it's been published before because this books says the patterns are from "The Best Contest Designs from Crochet With Heart Magazine"

I started it right before Christmas and since I had the week off, I worked on it almost constantly until just now. At first it went very quick, but after the second point increase it took forever to get each round done. It would be great for a baby or toddler though in other colors stopping right before that last increase.

As for the amount of yarn, the pattern called for 19 ozs red, and 14 ozs of orange and yellow. I ran out of yellow half way through the last row, so the last 3 colors are each a row short. I had partial skeins left of the red and orange.

I really love the Aztec Sun. I made one a couple summers ago, I think. I'd like to make another one to keep, since the one I'd made went to a friend of mine. The book it comes from is my favorite pattern book, too.

I don't know if it was answered or not, 'cause I did see some questions about what book it comes from in the last few replies to this topic. The book is called "40 Favorite Ripple Afghans" and is produced by Leisure Arts.

Archived