Dare2BDifferent

Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

:yay:cheerYay Kim, very nice doggie blanket (nice dog, too)! And that didn't take that long :eek.

I think I've decided not to make my doggie one. I have an afghan that I made 15 years ago that is too bally (can't think of another word) to use on our bed anymore but no holes and still nice otherwise. Plus any time it has fallen on the floor she's been on it anyway :lol. So now it's hers.

Update: MIL's coat is done except I decided that it is too heavy not to have closures and pockets. Her birthday is Saturday, so guess what I'll be doing this week. Neice's rr is 3 rows short of done.

I would do the same thing if I had an older afghan around the house.:yes

Would love to see pics of your MIL's coat when it's done!

Kim

I haven't tried Gourmet Crochet patterns yet. Do they work up well?

Have you tried Stitch Diva patterns? They are intermediate to experienced. They have loads of detail and I'm sure the pattern directions are good but I'm just not experienced enough to follow them! :think

www.stitchdiva.com

Kim

Have you tried Stitch Diva patterns? They are intermediate to experienced. They have loads of detail and I'm sure the pattern directions are good but I'm just not experienced enough to follow them! :think

www.stitchdiva.com

Kim

Oh, I've been drooling over the Stitch Diva patterns for about 2 years now. They are the reason I'm teaching myself to knit. Actually, one pattern is the reason... Sahara. I want that sweater so bad I can taste it. lol The crochet patterns there just don't quite do it for me. I think that's because I have little interest in doing hairpin lace. And I'm not into wearing ponchos. I have the SNBHH, so I have the Baroque Jacket. I just haven't decided if I want to make it yet. I keep looking at it, though. That and the Frou Frou. Just not with the yarn I got in. It's variegated brown and tan, so very complex lace or relief patterns just don't look right.

I really like the Siobhanna Sweater, Uptown/Downtown Shrug, Boboletta Jacket - it seems styled a lot like the Frou Frou with I'm sure much fewer pattern errors, and the Gracelynn Mobius Wrap over at Gourmet Crochet. I just ordered Gracelynn. I think it'll give me the most bang for my buck. It combines the shrug/shawl concepts that I had for this yarn. And it looks like the stitches will look good with the yarn, too! That's aways a bonus. :lol

I have the Gracelyn too! Once I finish the Lisette I'm doing in the GourmetCrochet CAL I'll start the Gracelyn....although because I have the yarn already, I'm tempted to start the Gracelyn now....

Kim

..that I checked in! I have been working on some things and some are actually finished.

My computer wasn't uploading pictures from my camera for awhile but I think I have fixed it. (pics are clickable.)

th_190.jpg

This blanket is for a woman at work who is having twins--one boy and one girl. I'm almost done with the blanket for the girl!

th_195.jpg

This is the Pi scarf. The number of rows in each color section corresponds to a digit in Pi (3.1415 etc etc).

Both items are done in Vanna's yarn.

I'm not sure if I'm going to continue the lace shawl the way it's been started. I haven't worked on it in awhile and I may change my mind--again!--about what pattern to use.

Very nice work, jen. Especially the Pi scarf, really creative.

I have always wanted to try one of those professional, elite patterns, but with all the free patterns I have and books, I keep telling myself to use the money for yarn. I think I may add it to my wish list for the next Holiday, or maybe my birthday. I think I deserve a treat like that, :lol.

Not too much crocheting being done, I am cleaning out my stash, too many one of a kind and older yarns that need new homes. Been trying to stock up on multiple skeins (same kind and color) for projects I have in mind to make.

On row 36 of shawl and only 18 more squares to join on ghan.

Wow! It has been almost a month since my last update. Where does the time go? I think my computer at it.... Looks like everyone is making progress and welcome to all the people who have joined while I was off doing something else.

Anyway, I am slowly getting there. I finished up most of the rectangles I was done for the WUA event in MN and delivered them 2 weekends ago when I was there for the Knit Out event. Still working on the Caron SS rectangles for the CAL, but it definitely isn't my favorite project right now. I finished up and sent out the kitchen swap items, now I just need to work on the items for my secret pal. Don't know entirely what I am going to make for that yet, but I have a few ideas rolling around in my brain.

Changed my mom's birthday gift from the 8-pocket tote to a hanging bird feeder. This time of year has her wishing she could be out in the garden so this will give her something to look forward to. It took me forever to find all the things I needed to make this one, but I have them now and will hopefully get started before this weekend.

I am making great progress on my new favorite project, the swirling fans afghan from Crochet Today. I am having a ton of fun with this one and have almost half of the sections done. Just need to keep joining them and then there is a pretty significant border that goes around the whole thing. Wish I could work on it more often, but that just doesn't seem to be happening lately. *sigh*

Here is my 1st Quarter List:

WUA CAL rectangles [14/50]

WUA non-CAL rectangles [15/20] DONE & delivered!

Helmet liners [1/2]

Hanging bird feeder for Mom [0%]

Baby Gift (hat?) [100%]

Felted tote bag [95%]

Kitchen swap items [100%] Sent out 2/22

Swirling Fans afghan [35%]

Jen, your scarf and baby blanket look great! Thanks for sharing! :hook

I have the Gracelyn too! Once I finish the Lisette I'm doing in the GourmetCrochet CAL I'll start the Gracelyn....although because I have the yarn already, I'm tempted to start the Gracelyn now....

Kim

I'll join your CAL once the pattern arrives. I'm a little bummed that it didn't have a pdf format. I hate waiting on stuff to arrive in the mail. :shrug

I'll join your CAL once the pattern arrives. I'm a little bummed that it didn't have a pdf format. I hate waiting on stuff to arrive in the mail. :shrug

That would be great! I think only the older patterns are available in PDF. I have a couple of them in PDF and I agree, it's nice to be able to get them right away!

Kim

GHAN IS ALL TOGETHER, :yay . Just putting on border today. Should have shawl done by tomorrow. Then I can really celebrate.

No points right now, but I am happy anyway...

GHAN IS ALL TOGETHER, :yay . Just putting on border today. Should have shawl done by tomorrow. Then I can really celebrate.

You GO Girl!! :cheer

Kim

Wow! You are truly impressive, Carol! Great job! :clap

Hey all! Just wanted to show you my neice's afghan..

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/Scarlet_Veil/2008%20crochet/2008Crochet029.jpg

I still have to put the pockets on MIL's coat. It turned out heavier than I wanted, I'm a bit disappointed with it. :( But will get pics up soon.

The afghan is gorgeous! Love the colors.

What yarn did you use for your MIL's coat? Was it the yarn that made it too heavy?

Kim

Yeah, it was the yarn, RHSS. I thought since the gauge was right it would be fine. Wrong.

I hate it when that happens!

Kim

Thank You Kim and Relynn

I really like those kitchen items, thank you for the links too!!!

Great RR, The colors go well with that spread it is laying on...

Border taking me a little longer than I thought as I had some errands to do yesterday, but I am on the final round of single crochet, then I can take care of a few tails hanging out on the first seven rows, I didn't work out how to join them without having to snip and tuck until the 8th row, :oops. But at least when I get the umph to do another ghan with this joining method, I can now do it without ever stopping in between, just one continous strand and only one ending tail. That is only part of square ghans that bugs me the joining and ALL THOSE DARN TAILS. :lol

That is only part of square ghans that bugs me the joining and ALL THOSE DARN TAILS. :lol

I am SOOOO with you on that! Last year all my projects were single colored afghans with lots of texture for that reason! I hate weaving in. But now that I've had a good long break from it, I am willing to do it again. Still don't like it, but will do it.

Relynn, just saw your kitchen swap items. Those are great! If I'm ever in a swap, I hope you get me to swap with! I intend to try some of those patterns, thanks for the links!

Thanks everybody for the compliments! I try to spoil my swap partners as best I can.

The round ripple looks great! I bet your niece will love it. :hook

Say, is it too late to join for the first quarter? I'd like to make a push to get the following things done for March 31:

Pinwheel Afghan

Scarf for the WWII "Knit Your Bit" campaign

I think if I'm motivated to focus on these two, I can get them done by the end of March.

Say, is it too late to join for the first quarter? I'd like to make a push to get the following things done for March 31:

Pinwheel Afghan

Scarf for the WWII "Knit Your Bit" campaign

I think if I'm motivated to focus on these two, I can get them done by the end of March.

Just jump right in!

Kim