Crocheting my way to weight loss blog

windyknollfarm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a great way to start the year!!!! Crocheting will use your time when you feel yucky, and knowing that you want to keep crocheting is the best insentive. I wish you well and hope that you keep that hook moving!!!

Good Luck! Do you reward yourself with extra yarn if you stick on the program and loose weight? I certainly would! If you are interested, the Biggest Looser exercise video is great!

I think I might do something like that. Alot of the yarns I want to use are on the high end so that might be an incentive. Maybe a money stipend for each week that I successfully follow the program. I love watching the biggest loser!

Good luck! I've bookmarked your page. My doctor wants me to lose at least 100 pounds. I weigh about 230 and only stand five feet and two and one half inches. Hopefully watching you win can inspire me. :)

Good luck! I've bookmarked your page. My doctor wants me to lose at least 100 pounds. I weigh about 230 and only stand five feet and two and one half inches. Hopefully watching you win can inspire me. :)

Join Me!!! I'm about 5 foot 9 inches and I have about 50-60 pounds to lose. I had concerns with blood pressure after the birth of my daughter 15 months ago, so I really need to get this weight off. Have you looked at http://www.flylady.net? She has a great program that is really helpful and doesn't have you running marathons- she has a more gentle approach and many have seen success with her free planning pages. Good luck! Keep me up to date on your progress! Carey

I'm on the bandwagon too. I joined Biggest Loser Club on the 1st. How are the DVD programs? Worth buying? I crochet every evening until I go to bed and only have a bottle of water next to me and some sugar free mints. I find of I get hungry, actually WANT something to eat, Ipop a mint and the usually works. Of course, I'm getting lots of extra exercise because I'm up 4 times a night to the bathroom!! Good luck to all that are trying to lose weight this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You have a great keep-at-it attitude!! I'm keeping an eye on your blog and your progress and wishing you all the best.

Have you ever heard of the Beck Diet Solution book? http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Diet-Solution-Train-Person/dp/0848731735/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202313933&sr=8-1 I've been reading it and it addresses how to change one's attitudes about food. Good stuff!

Here's an idea that may help. I also have about 30 to lose...bear in mind I've already lost 30. If you live out in Nature, this won't be hard...and will work well. If you live in a city, you need to find a nearby park. Take a backpack with you with crochet projects in it. Make yourself walk solid and full out for 15 minutes. Find a bench. crochet for a half hour or so. Then walk the 15 minutes back to your vehicle and go home. A half hour of walking daily (full out) is a great way to lose major amounts of weight. To make sure you do that, you do what I've listed above. means a commitment of an hour a day, but hey. One hour of your life daily to guarantee weight loss...isn't much. Plus, you have that solid half hour of crochet time as well. :) Just my thoughts.

Blessed Be.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement! I love the idea of walking and then crocheting. My 16 month old daughter HATES the stroller and wouldn't comply, but that will hopefully change. Sort of along that idea, I am trying to rearrange my routine so that I am exercising in the early morning, doing any necessary chores in the morning hours and then using naptime to crochet. If I exercise in the morning, it leaves open naptime. I also try to crochet in the evening after naptime. Everyone at my house, including me, is dealing with a cold so I am just doing my best to keep to healthy eating and got on my treadmill (Mon for 65 min. and yesterday for 30 min.). I really appreciate the encouragement!!!! Carey

• 3 weeks later...

My progress check is posted as well as pics of the finished swimsuit. I love the mannequins!!! Found them on Ebay fairly cheap and well worth it I think. I also posted pic of my first wearable- a Christmas dress for my daughter (size 18 months). Carey

• 2 weeks later...

Carey, Just read your update and I admire your determination to get off the anti-depressant and lose the weight!! Good luck to you, and prayers are with you as you make the adjustment to being without it! You can do this!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Archived