Big Basketweave Afghan.

Crochet Smooches

Happy New Year To All:

I completed this Big Basketweave Afghan, January 1, 2008, (New Year's Day).:D:D

bigbasketweaveafghan.JPG

I used RH WW Yarn, the color is Rose Red, please click my signature Ava's Blog and you will see a pic of it with close-up of the stitches.

Thanks for looking and I hope 2008 will bring you all comfort, joy, peace and most of all LOVE AND GREAT HEALTH!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beautiful as always, Ava! I had always heard basketweave afgans were tiresome- but I love the way they look and I love the color you chose. now I'm tempted to try my hand at one.

Thanks for sharing -- love the pictures of you and your beautiful daughter on your blog.

Thanks to all of you for the very lovely compliments on my afghan:

Gretelgrrl: Thanks for the compliments on my pics and my blog, I am still working on it:lol:lol

Amyjk: I am still working out the colors in my head for the next Basketweave Afghan.

Kittyloverdeb: I got the pattern from a friend of mine I never wrote it out she told me what to do and I did it, I am sure there should be a pattern floating around somewhere on the internet.;)

Texasredhead: Thanks for the compliments on my blog, and I'll let my daughter know you all think she's beautiful........:);):lol:D

Thanks again to each and everyone for taking the time to look it is so much appreciated.

Ava wow girl you are a busy gal.... Lovely works of crochet and also you are very talented in working on your blog...

I see you have some many of your tunisian graph afghans? do you mind telling us what prices you got for the different ones you've made?

I'm working on tunisian graphghans and have a CAL here too.

I have the PC Stitch program to make graphs and I've made some and just curious how much one can ask for these ghans.

Also how do you figure out how much yarn you will need for a graph ghan..??

Ava wow girl you are a busy gal.... Lovely works of crochet and also you are very talented in working on your blog...

I see you have some many of your tunisian graph afghans? do you mind telling us what prices you got for the different ones you've made?

I'm working on tunisian graphghans and have a CAL here too.

I have the PC Stitch program to make graphs and I've made some and just curious how much one can ask for these ghans.

Also how do you figure out how much yarn you will need for a graph ghan..??

Hi There:

Thanks so much for the compliments, my Blog took a lot of work and am still working on it:D;):)

As for my Tunisian Ghans, most of them were ordered the smaller ones cost from $50.00CDN, it also depends on how large the graph is, the most I've gotten for a graph ghan is $200.00CDN, I find that if people really want something original and different they will pay the price, (after all, no one can pay you for your time), I never had a problem selling mine, they went like hot cakes:lol:D although most were ordered, as for the yarn, I just bought enough yarn and used what was needed, what's left over I used in a scrap ghan. I hope this information helps you....Thanks for asking and please feel free to ask me anything more if you require.

Have a Lovely Day!!!;););)

Hi Ava thanks for your reply.. I saw in your blog that you use Moez Hooks I too got moez hook I use the green one as the others i find a wee too big for me.. I love my Moez hook ....

I sure wish more people would want to learn to do the tunisian stitch.. Yes its lots of weaving at the end but well worth it Right????

Do you cover the backs of your ghans with fabrics or not?

I'd love for you to go to my CAL and post photos there of your tunisian ghans so the other ladies there can get more motivated.

If you decide to do that you will find my cal link at my signature.

Hugs

Lillibet

Hi There:

Thanks so much for the compliments, my Blog took a lot of work and am still working on it:D;):)

As for my Tunisian Ghans, most of them were ordered the smaller ones cost from $50.00CDN, it also depends on how large the graph is, the most I've gotten for a graph ghan is $200.00CDN, I find that if people really want something original and different they will pay the price, (after all, no one can pay you for your time), I never had a problem selling mine, they went like hot cakes:lol:D although most were ordered, as for the yarn, I just bought enough yarn and used what was needed, what's left over I used in a scrap ghan. I hope this information helps you....Thanks for asking and please feel free to ask me anything more if you require.

Have a Lovely Day!!!;););)

Hi Ava thanks for your reply.. I saw in your blog that you use Moez Hooks I too got moez hook I use the green one as the others i find a wee too big for me.. I love my Moez hook ....

I sure wish more people would want to learn to do the tunisian stitch.. Yes its lots of weaving at the end but well worth it Right????

Do you cover the backs of your ghans with fabrics or not?

I'd love for you to go to my CAL and post photos there of your tunisian ghans so the other ladies there can get more motivated.

If you decide to do that you will find my cal link at my signature.

Hugs

Lillibet

You are sure right on that girl, lots of weaving in the ends but it is well worth it. I use the red moez hook for most of my graph ghans, I use the yellow one for just making regular blankets, I am now working on a scrap ghan using the yellow moez hook, I am doing it in the crochet knit stitch, it so looks like knitting but it isn't;)

I sometimes cover the back of my ghans, but I find that most of my clients really do not care whether it is covered or not, as long as it is weaved in neatly they are happy, they said they don't wanna wash them, I told them it is ok to wash them, they sure get much softer when they are washed and dried, and they refuse, they say they don't want to lose the newness of it:D:D:D:D which I find quite funny.

I agree more people should learn this stitch I find it to be so much fun, and what I love to see is the character come to life as you make these ghans....I would love to post pics of my ghans at your CAL, let me know what to do, I'm sure it is quite simple......Hugs Ava.

Archived