My sweater airing on Grey's Anatomy Jan 10th!!!!!

jchllm

I thought I would share this with y'all, now that it's actually going to come to air....

I got an order from a woman at the end of October for 2 baby sweater/hat/booties sets...which was great...but she wanted both sets in her hands, in California, 2 days later....are you kidding?

So, I was thinking just that, this woman is crazy. There's no way I can get 2 sets done and to her in 2 days, seeing how one of those days would be a shipping day. Then, I get an email.....

My daughter was at my computer and I asked her to check my emails. All of a sudden she starts yelling "OMG. OMG. She's from Grey's Anatomy. Mom! OMG!". She was not making any sense to me so I got up and read it and then I started going...OMG!! So, what's a person to do?? I called her.

It seems this one set in particular will be what they call a 'hero prop'....meaning someone will hold it up and say 'Look what I made for you'. How awesome is that????

She said she printed off a picture of it off of my Etsy site and showed it to Chandra Wilson, the big shot at Grey's. Chandra said 'that's perfect!'

So, I started at 5pm and stayed up until 3am making these sets. My fingers were sore for the whole next day! I got 2 hours of sleep but it was worth it.

The show was originally supposed to air Dec 20 but then the writers strike happened and it was put on hold. I just saw yesterday that the show which is called 'Lay Your Hands on Me' will now air January 10th. Now, I have no idea who has 'made' this outfit or who it's for but it's too cool.

I keep wondering if McDreamy will touch it......ahhhhhhhhhh to dream.

Oh, I have to make a special acknowledgement to my dear dear husband, without whom this would never have happened. He had to go to WalMart on his break at work (he was working a double shift) and buy 2 skeins of Caron Simply Soft yellow yarn. Wouldn't you know it, I was out. So without his kindness I would never have been able to do this. Mind you, I'll be hearing about it for the next year now....lol.

I can't wait!! You can believe I'll have the DVR on for sure!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations!!! That's fantastic!! I can't wait for the new season to come over here so I can see your hard work....will have to call my sister (in the US) and tell her to watch! lol

Congrats!!!!

OMG!!!!! I love Grey's and now I will have to pay extra close attention! Not to be nosy but did they pay you good for getting them done so fast? If I'm not mistaken, that is the episode where Chandra's baby is in need of medical attention. I just saw the previews for it today! Wonder why you had to make 2 of them? Were they the same? I am so excited for you...a real celebrity!!! :cheer

OMG!!!!! I love Grey's and now I will have to pay extra close attention! Not to be nosy but did they pay you good for getting them done so fast? If I'm not mistaken, that is the episode where Chandra's baby is in need of medical attention. I just saw the previews for it today! Wonder why you had to make 2 of them? Were they the same? I am so excited for you...a real celebrity!!! :cheer

She paid normal price for them, but paid A LOT for shipping. Not sure why they needed 2 but one HAD to be yellow. The other one was 'camo' colors. I have no idea who is saying they made it either. I can't wait to see!!

Thats Absolutely AMAZING!!! I will definitely be looking out for it!!!! congrats! and for your sake, i will pray that mcdreamy touches it for you ;)

I know it!! I said that too. I got an email from her saying that everyone thought they were adorable and I could think of was 'McDreamy could be looking at and touching them'........ahhhhhhhhhhhh

That is great! Are they BICO Sweaters I noticed them in your shop?

:clap

Thanks. They're not BICO sweaters. I liked the look of the sweater so much I made my own version using a different method and pieced it together like a 'normal sweater' instead of the way it's done for the BICO.

Thanks to everyone for their comments!! I'm so excited!!

Archived