The Mighty & Ferocious Dragon

miller3602

I found a mistake!!!! This round:

6. 1 sc, *going behind the ear, sl st*,**, sc in last 3 sts~ 7

of the head/body. It should have a stitch count of 6, not 7!!! For some reason I can't edit it. Oh well.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I have been looking for an easy dragon to make. Yours seems a bit easier than others I have seen. However, I don NOT see any pictures! Where are they? I need to see how the finished piece will look in order to make it! Can you let me know?

Thanks!

Umm, I have posted 5 pictures (all clickable) at the bottom of my post. Also, JessR shared a picture of her finished product on post #21. If you still can't see them, I'll e-mail you the pics.

Hi. I have been looking for an easy dragon to make. Yours seems a bit easier than others I have seen. However, I don NOT see any pictures! Where are they? I need to see how the finished piece will look in order to make it! Can you let me know?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:clapTHANK YOU!

I just wanted to let you know that I made one of these today and it works up real fast!

My son's friend from school is going in the hospital on Friday to have her tonsils out. (They are in first grade. ) I made a light pink one for him to give to her tomorrow. I can't wait to show him what I made for her! I'm sure that when he sees that one, I will have to make him a red one tonight!

Have a great day!:hook

:clapTHANK YOU!

I just wanted to let you know that I made one of these today and it works up real fast!

My son's friend from school is going in the hospital on Friday to have her tonsils out. (They are in first grade. ) I made a light pink one for him to give to her tomorrow. I can't wait to show him what I made for her! I'm sure that when he sees that one, I will have to make him a red one tonight!

Have a great day!:hook

Thank you!

Here are some tipd from Midds---thank you!

Head & Body

16. stuff body

27. I think you need a dec round here.

The order of things is a bit off. I think you need to make the feet before the spine.

Feet

6. I think you should end with a sl st in the next st to give it a more finished off look.

Spine

Did you intend for the repeat to be done in the same st. I didn't do mine that way. I did the sc in one st, ch 2 and then sc in the next st which worked out fine.

Assembly

Since you would be moving the spine part you could if you wanted remove the "Next, crochet on the spine."

• 2 weeks later...

I love this little guy! Up until this point, I've only made a market bag, and a baby poncho thing that I made up my self. (I don't count the 2 ugly hats that will never be worn.)

As you can see I made some changes just for fun. The front legs are Ch 7, turn, in 2nd ch from hook sl st 6. The hips are a 6 st sc round, sc in each st, then repeat the same sts as for the front legs. Next time I won't do the 2nd round of sts, they stick out too much. I also wove the contrast color through the spine sts, and gave him french knot eyes. I would like to make one out of embroidery floss, something sparkly.

This is a good base for a sea horse, just add fins!

Seahorse.jpg?t=1208997332

Cute little Dragonfly

Dragon2.jpg?t=1208997279Dragon.jpg?t=1208997301

Thank you!

PS.

This is the only thing I've made that my hubby likes.

I love this little guy! Up until this point, I've only made a market bag, and a baby poncho thing that I made up my self. (I don't count the 2 ugly hats that will never be worn.)

As you can see I made some changes just for fun. The front legs are Ch 7, turn, in 2nd ch from hook sl st 6. The hips are a 6 st sc round, sc in each st, then repeat the same sts as for the front legs. Next time I won't do the 2nd round of sts, they stick out too much. I also wove the contrast color through the spine sts, and gave him french knot eyes. I would like to make one out of embroidery floss, something sparkly.

This is a good base for a sea horse, just add fins!

Seahorse.jpg?t=1208997332

Cute little Dragonfly

Dragon2.jpg?t=1208997279Dragon.jpg?t=1208997301

Thank you!

PS.

This is the only thing I've made that my hubby likes.

OMG I love it! Especially the spine!:cheer

I'm going to share this with my mom! It looks great! Thanks for posting it. :)

THANKS!!:hug

Archived