tangled up

"snowflake mondays" a past post i had seen UPDATE WEEK #4

sounds really cool I think I would love to try that But I am not sure i could do 4 a month maybe 2 or 3:)

I want to join!!! I guess I will really have to get hooking to catch up.

Can some one fill me in on the patterns.

Week 1 ?

Week 2 ?

Week 3 ?

Week 4 ?

I'm with you. Where is the week 1 pattern? Whoever replies with the pattern, could you also mark each by the level of difficulty? I want to try the easiest one and see if I like it. Oh! and I bought the yarn size 10 I think and the three steel hook pack by Boye one of which was a 7 I think.

Here is a list of links to all the weeks snowflake patterns in one post (not sure they're in straight order but close)

http://www.angelfire.com/pe/shellangels/Crochet.html Snowflake #1

http://www.sarahanns.com/crochetworks/snowflakes.html Snowflake#3

http://members.aol.com/lffunt/picsnow.html Hope you like picots lol

http://susaninstitches.blogspot.com/2007/11/free-crochet-pattern-southern-snowfake.html Beautiful!

edit: I think the first one was the most simple, although there is a error...dlst means slst or slip stitch

I am finally caught up but I need to starch them & get a pic.

Charity and Rachael, Welcome to the group! :welcome Glad to have you join. I think the last one was the simplest. The middle two are definitely the most challenging. I did 2 of the one for week 4 in about an hour. They really don't take a whole lot of time unless you decide to make more than one of that week's pattern or get side-tracked like me and decide to make other snowflakes from the same site in addition to the one designated for the week. :lol :lol :lol

I love this last one!!! I'm just starting my second one. I tried and tried to do the second and thrid snowflakes. Maybe when I get use to the needle and thread again I'll go back to them. My sl have huge gapping holes...blahhh

What needle/thread are you using?

Can someone post a picture of snowflake #1 so I have an idea on what I"m doing???

Here is a picture of #1: DCP_1330.jpg I made 4 of them, because I liked the pattern and because it was the first one. I was also trying to get used to doing crochet with thread again, after having been working almost exclusively with yarn for many months. Mine sparkle because I'm using a metallic wrapped thread for mine.

hi all!! sorry i havent been on as much... i work the 2nd shift, its been a little crazy!! great work and pics!! i'll have to get someone to take a few for me. well...see you all in a bit!!! tangled up stacey

Hi, Stacey. Glad to see you again. Working different shifts can sure mess up you schedule and system.

Here is a picture of #1: DCP_1330.jpg I made 4 of them, because I liked the pattern and because it was the first one. I was also trying to get used to doing crochet with thread again, after having been working almost exclusively with yarn for many months. Mine sparkle because I'm using a metallic wrapped thread for mine.

Thank you!!! They are very pretty.

:think mine looks so 'busy' in the middle.....I'll work on it some more.

I have yet to make any of the ones suggested because I'm a rebel that way ;) I didn't making any this week but did get the ones I've made blocked. When I get pics I'll share.

Hi,

It's a month into the new year so I'll be playing catch up to start but I will try my best to catch up. I always like to have a some tiny projects to take along.

Missmaxx :flake

I printed out all the ptterns and wil work on them this weekend.

Welcome to the group Missmaxx and Rachael. :welcome

Well, I have 4 snowflakes made for the CAL, but our laptop at home is messed up (the power cord no longer supplies power) so I'm at the library for now... meaning, no pics for the moment. As soon as we replace the cord, which might be a while because it's at least a $100 fix :eek:eek, I'll post all my pics to Photobucket and the links. :)

HAPPY HOOKING! :hook And I'll check in whenever I get to the library. :yes

Hi,

I can hardly believe it, I just finished the fourth snowflake today! The ice/snow storm kept everyone home so I had all day to play in my sewing room. :jumpyay:woo

I'm on a roll, lol. I can't wait to see this week's pattern.

The second and third ones were a challenge with all those picots and I'm kind of a purist about wanting to only make six sided snowflakes but all in all this is fun. :yes:party

Thanks for letting me join.

I Started with Week #3... To get the picots out of the way. LOL They arn't as bad as every one was making them out to be. Now I am going to do Week #4. Hopefully Monday I will be caught up.

:snowhttp://crochet.tangleweeds.com/blocking.html - 13k

here is a excellent site about blocking and other ideas about snowflakes:wbrr

Thanks for this great link! I only wish the pages on perfect picots and mini crochet were still there! This is one of the best sites on blocking I've ever seen. Thanks!

Hi,

I'd like to join, too :)

I may or may not try to play catch up, but will definitely try to keep up from here on out. I did a few snowflakes around Christmas this year and really enjoyed them.

Cheers,

Marika

I finally bought my Leisure Arts 99 snowflakes book!

I've been wanting that darn thing for 5 years, I learned to crochet just for that purpose! I'm now on a roll to finish all WIP's, knitting and crochet, so I can have tons of flakes ready for Christmas.

Is there a new snowflake for this week?

Here is a pic of my wk1-4 snowflakes.

snowcollage.jpg

Hi Shell,

Very nice! I hope to get mine blocked today. I'm looking forward to a new one too.