"snowflake mondays" a past post i had seen UPDATE WEEK #4

tangled up

The top pic is half of the snowflakes I'll be sending to Hookerangel.

th_DSCN0004-3.jpg

Sorry it's not clear - I had some trouble with focus on this background.

th_DSCN0003-5.jpg

Very pretty. I like the background. It's like a shimmery night sky.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very pretty. I like the background. It's like a shimmery night sky.

Thanks Linda. Funny you should say that. I bought that fabric to back my angel and christmas tree filet piece. I was looking for the night sky! Guess I found it. :lol

Thanks Linda. Funny you should say that. I bought that fabric to back my angel and christmas tree filet piece. I was looking for the night sky! Guess I found it. :lol

Ooooo... ahhhhh...

Lovely! :D Though the shimmer does throw off the focus on the close shots, guess we'll just have to come see things in person, eh? :D

Lovely work, Cosmo!

Cheers,

:mdust Wanda :mdust

Very pretty Nancy!

Linda, I am glad that your internet connection got fixed!

:waving Marika!

Wishing everyone well and to stay warm in the states and europe. Please stay cool in Austrailia. Aussie in the sky cal said that it was 98*F the other day. :whew I don't miss those type of temps.

Hugs.

Ooooo... ahhhhh...

Lovely! :D Though the shimmer does throw off the focus on the close shots, guess we'll just have to come see things in person, eh? :D

Lovely work, Cosmo!

Cheers,

Bring your shovel:spoon, parka:wbrr, hat:wgrin, scarf:wcold, and mittens! We have about an inch on the ground and the forcast says 5 - 7":snow more overnight. Welcome to the snowbelt of western PA! Wait till it's March when winter REALLY takes hold! We can always :ghug to keep warm.

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

Very pretty Nancy!

Linda, I am glad that your internet connection got fixed!

:waving Marika!

Wishing everyone well and to stay warm in the states and europe. Please stay cool in Austrailia. Aussie in the sky cal said that it was 98*F the other day. :whew I don't miss those type of temps.

Hugs.

Thanks Carla,

Long time no see! Glad to have you back.

Bring your shovel:spoon, parka:wbrr, hat:wgrin, scarf:wcold, and mittens! We have about an inch on the ground and the forcast says 5 - 7":snow more overnight. Welcome to the snowbelt of western PA! Wait till it's March when winter REALLY takes hold! We can always :ghug to keep warm.

OH, you poor thing! I don't miss those kinds of winters at all now that I'm down here in Georgia. I grew up in northeastern Iowa and lived most of my adult life in Minnesota and I don't miss those long, snow-filled, cold winters in the least. We still have seasons down here, but winter is short with maybe an inch of snow once or twice a winter and it's gone in a day or two, which suits me just fine. :hug

OH, you poor thing! I don't miss those kinds of winters at all now that I'm down here in Georgia. I grew up in northeastern Iowa and lived most of my adult life in Minnesota and I don't miss those long, snow-filled, cold winters in the least. We still have seasons down here, but winter is short with maybe an inch of snow once or twice a winter and it's gone in a day or two, which suits me just fine. :hug

:sigh

I miss snow. Especially around Christmas-time. Sub tropical early summer is just not Christmas-time to me :sigh...

:hi Carla :)

Hi All,

Well, I have less snow outside than the weatherman predicted. Only 3".

Not even enough to be a bother. But January's coming..... :lol It's a balmy 21*F out there so half of the forecast was right.

Marika, I know what you mean about a sub-tropical Christmas. I lived in Florida for two years. I know many will disagree with me but I don't think I've ever seen anything as bad as tinsel on a palm tree! :lol

I'm mailing an envelope tomorrow to Hookerangel. I know I've said it quite a bit and I'll say it here just one more time, if anyone has a flake or two to spare please contact Hookerangel for her address. She wants to decorate a tree with crochet snowflakes for her daughter's wedding next month. You don't have to send lots- just one or two would really make a difference if lots of us do it. I know Marika sent hers already. She's an :angel.

I've been following this thread recently and I'm not sure I've seen this link ...if it's been shared already, my apologies.

4 Aussie Snowflakes.

http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=27469

Thanks for the link, Lisa. I printed out the directions for the first two, but I think I'm going to play with/change them a bit. I don't really like the long extensions of the points, I think I'll shorten or eliminate them and see what they look like that way. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Hey Wanda,

It's baaaaack. :rofl

Hi All,

This is the one that Marika called "The snowflake of death!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha" Please see post #184 right here on Snowflake Monday's. :sofunny

I'm going to give them a try. After all these snowflakes all year they may be easier to do.

:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire(can' t get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo:mdust:mdust:mdust

th_DSCN0006-3.jpg

Mailed today

Best wishes to the bride and groom,

:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire(can' t get much warmer!) regards,

nancy-those are beautiful. did you starch them all? I have done 4 snowflakes so far, and I am DREADING starching..

Thanks Gina,

Yep, but I use elmer's glue watered down to about 50/50. It's not hard just a little messy. There's some great blocking/starching advice at

http://crochet.tangleweeds.com/blocking.html

along with a printable blocking pattern.

I hope we'll see a pic of your snowflakes here soon,

Hey Wanda,

It's baaaaack. :rofl

Hi All,

This is the one that Marika called "The snowflake of death!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha" Please see post #184 right here on Snowflake Monday's. :sofunny

I'm going to give them a try. After all these snowflakes all year they may be easier to do.

:rofl

I know, I saw it! :rofl I feel haunted or something, I tell you, the :ghost of the crochet snowflake unfinished!

I was thinking that maybe as more of an expert snowflaker it will be easier for me now, I think I am going to have to give it a try - shall we put it on for this week or is that too cruel to the poor unsuspecting flake lovers who will happen upon the list without trawling through our goldmine of chat?

Or, Lisa, (incidentally, :hi and :welcome!!!) which one of those flakes is your favourite? We'll put it on the list for this week...

Cheers,

:mdust Wanda the haunted:mdust

th_DSCN0006-3.jpg

Mailed today

Best wishes to the bride and groom,

Love the :snow!!!

Great work, Cosmo!!

Regards,

Thanks Gina,

Yep, but I use elmer's glue watered down to about 50/50. It's not hard just a little messy. There's some great blocking/starching advice at

http://crochet.tangleweeds.com/blocking.html

along with a printable blocking pattern.

I hope we'll see a pic of your snowflakes here soon,

I will check out the link. As soon as i get the nerve to actually do it, i'll post pics. I have been following this thread for some time :)

:rofl

I know, I saw it! :rofl I feel haunted or something, I tell you, the :ghost of the crochet snowflake unfinished!

I was thinking that maybe as more of an expert snowflaker it will be easier for me now, I think I am going to have to give it a try - shall we put it on for this week or is that too cruel to the poor unsuspecting flake lovers who will happen upon the list without trawling through our goldmine of chat?

Or, Lisa, (incidentally, :hi and :welcome!!!) which one of those flakes is your favourite? We'll put it on the list for this week...

Cheers,

:mdust Wanda the haunted:mdust

I actually started the first one yesterday and am almost finished.. but you know what? I think these instructions are in British terms... therefore when you see dc, it actually means sc. At least for the first snowflake. Haven't read over the instructions for the others.

Any of them is fine.. if you make it the first one.. I've already done it.. but wrongly. LOL. I"m not going to frog it.. it will just be a weird snowflake.

I am ready to try a snowflake. After trying 3 different ones, I need to ask for a recommendation for a very easy snowflake. Any recommendations. I seem to get lost very early in the pattern. Any help is greatly appreciated.

pat

I personally found the Star Snowflake from week 8 (http://www.bhg.com/bhg/story.jsp?storyid=/templatedata/bhg/story/data/1187884233661.xml) pretty easy, it was the first one I did. It's the third one on the page.

If you need help with any snowflake, someone here is sure to be able to help you out. :)

I am ready to try a snowflake. After trying 3 different ones, I need to ask for a recommendation for a very easy snowflake. Any recommendations. I seem to get lost very early in the pattern. Any help is greatly appreciated.

pat

If you could tell us what usually throws you off, it might help our recommendations...

What do you normally crochet? What patterns do you enjoy/feel comfortable following?

I found this http://crochetme.com/patterns/pretty-picots-poinsettia-snowflake relatively easy, because you are repeating a similar stitch pattern on each round. It REALLY responds well to blocking - it looks a bit of a mess until you block it, at least mine did. I think this may be a different address for this flake because I am convinced that it was a CAL flake, but I do not think I recognise the page, it may be a new home for one of our AOL Hometown flakes, I'll try to research and update the list this week.

:welcome:hook:flake

They are addictive once you get the hang of them!

Cheers,

If you could tell us what usually throws you off, it might help our recommendations...

What do you normally crochet? What patterns do you enjoy/feel comfortable following?

I found this http://crochetme.com/patterns/pretty-picots-poinsettia-snowflake relatively easy, because you are repeating a similar stitch pattern on each round. It REALLY responds well to blocking - it looks a bit of a mess until you block it, at least mine did. I think this may be a different address for this flake because I am convinced that it was a CAL flake, but I do not think I recognise the page, it may be a new home for one of our AOL Hometown flakes, I'll try to research and update the list this week.

:welcome:hook:flake

They are addictive once you get the hang of them!

Cheers,

You're right Wanda. This one is week # 23.

I found it easy to do and it's one of my favorites too.

I thought it looked familiar, too. You're right it did work up very easily. We'll be glad to help you out, Pat. Just let us know which one and where you're stuck. Just don't try one of the ones with lots of picots right away, most of us find those harder than the others. I'm far behind on mine but still have quite a few for gifts.:lol

Archived