"snowflake mondays" a past post i had seen UPDATE WEEK #4

tangled up

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm behind too. I had good intentions... along with my own pattern (well not "my own" but one I selected) I wanted to follow along with the weekly patterns... I hope I can take advantage of not having class tonight (yay for university observed holidays :cheer) I can get three of my own and each one for here!

I'm in the behind club, too. Did the one for last week this afternoon. Ughhhh!! I will NOT be doing a second one of THAT pattern. :eek Way, way too many picots for my taste. Wasn't sure which one of the patterns was the one for this week, so I've done one of the first one (not too bad) and am working on the second one now (AGAIN - lots of picots!) and will see how it goes from there. :lol :lol :lol

Here are 5 pretty Snowflake patterns http://www.hobbyloco.com/needle.html#crochet

I am catching up. Still have week #1 to do but have done #2 & #3 snowflake.

Wow, a lot of picots on one of them lol...they are turning out nice, even though I'm using #3 thread. They just come out a tiny bit larger which is fine with me. :)

I'll take a pic today if I can.

Does anyone use spray starch to stiffen their snowflakes? I have used a glue water mixture but was thinking spray starch wouldn't be as messy plus wouldn't need to be "kept" from drying out. How did the starch work...ok?

I changed over to a 2 hook, and found some relief, but god that pattern was crazy! I hated all those sl st's!

Amen, Sister!!!

Does anyone use spray starch to stiffen their snowflakes? I have used a glue water mixture but was thinking spray starch wouldn't be as messy plus wouldn't need to be "kept" from drying out. How did the starch work...ok?

I've been using Knit-Cro-Sheen that is metal wrapped and the spray starch works quite well with that. I spray them fairly heavily on both sides and iron them after spraying each side and then let them dry. The metal wrapping of the thread seems to give them a little extra stiffness when used with the spray starch.

:waving

I HOPE I HAVEN'T DRIVEN YOU ALL CRAZY :loco WITH THESE PATTERNS. AS I FIND THEM, I AM DOING THEM RIGHT ALONG WITH YOU GUYS. SO, HERE IS THIS WEEKS FLAKE:

http://susaninstitches.blogspot.com/2007/11/free-crochet-pattern-southern-snowfake.html - 73k

week 3!!

im so excited that this is going so well!! here is this weeks link:

its the first flake posted.....

http://the-crocheted-bookmark.blogspot.com/2006/12/snowflakes.html

i was browsing through all the past archives, and came across a cute post about every monday starting a new snowflake. i know there are a lot of freebie patterns out there, so everyone can make one. would anyone like to join this? :flake i could contact site owners and see if they would let me mention thier pattern each sunday nite .:snow this would give us a small project, and a year of snowflakes!!

I do not like picot, I do not like them at all!!! I ripped and restarted, ripped and restarted. I get mad and throw my thread in the basket. I will, I will finish by Wednesday!!

Do you have to mix the liquid starch? I use sugar/water but it molds in the fridge before I use it all up.

WEEK #4

JUST SO IF DIDNT POST RIGHT, I AM POSTING THIS WEEKS PATTERN AT THE BEGINNING AND THE END OF THE THREAD

http://susaninstitches.blogspot.com/2007/11/free-crochet-pattern-southern-snowfake.html - 73k

:cheer I so can handle this one!!! I might make a few of these!

Hmmmm is it just me or is anyone else REALLY behind? I'm still only 1/2 thru wek #1. That's bad isn't it.

Maybe I should quit? Nah, I can catch up..... I hope.

I'm behind too...I just finished the week one but haven't starched it. Think I'll wait until I get a few and do them all at once.

Don't quit, you may have a week where you do more than one.

I'm sure I can, once that darn doily is gone! I have 4 rounds to go but the one I am on takes FOREVER and my daughter likes to "help sosay" (help crochet).

I can't wait til she's old enough to do it herself!

Candi, WELCOME! :welcome Of course you can join us. The more the merrier. I'd have to say that the one for this week might be the easiest, but I haven't done it yet, so can't say for sure. Either that one or the first one. I use Knit-Cro-Sheen thread and a size 7 hook for mine. Most of the patterns give you the size thread and hook that they recommend. I've just had really good luck using this for all of mine.

Hmmmm is it just me or is anyone else REALLY behind? I'm still only 1/2 thru wek #1. That's bad isn't it.

Maybe I should quit? Nah, I can catch up..... I hope.

:thinkI was wondering the same thing. I had other things I had to get done with crochet and other stuff and now I'm behind on this. I hope to be caught up soon, lol. I don't want to quit, I promised myself that these snowflakes would be christmas gifts, lol. We can do this! :hug

I was behind for a while, but these really don't take a lot of time. You can get caught up. And the one for the week is a lot easier to do than the last two. I really, really like this one. Come on guys, you can do it. :cheer:clap:cheer

I suppose I can put the doily down for awhile, but I'm almost done it's hard to!!!!

I guess 1 day away from it wont kill me, and if I get a flake done before the kids go to bed I can doily this evening.....

But then the mittens and 2 afghans get neglected.....

Wow I outta finish something.

Archived