Spider Fan Christmas Doily, Ffp-12-22-07

sunnywolfgar

I finished this doily December 22, 2007 at 3am in the morning, by 4 am it was starched and blocked. I got up about 9 and it wasn't quite dry enough to mailo it so I put it on the little heater we have that loks like a radiater and got it in the mail December 22, 2007 about 12:00 noon.

The Christmas Doily for my husband parents. Spider Fan Doily, Hiddleson book #6. Use size 20 thread in white. size 9 boye crochet hook. Gold thread for the border then took Burdgandy, green and the gold for the final touch. Each pineapplle section has 5 -- size 3mm glass beads red, then green, red repeat all the way around. It wasn't suppose to turn out looking like this, but it does look like little glass christmas ornaments. It is close to 20" wide. Elizabeth Hiddleson pattern. Started Dec.4 or so , finished Dec. 22nd. 2007 -- at 3 am, I Didn't do the last 2 rows of pattern, because I was running out of gold thread. Crocheted by sunnywolfgar--Terry Devine Dec. 2007.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid18610546

t-294526818.jpg < this one is clickable

It's wonderful. I'm never really sure if the folks we make these for actually appreciate them quite a much as we did producing them. But have decided that doesn't matter at all really. You sound like you had a great time getting it done on time. And it really is beautiful!!! beads, colors and patterns, all just great.

Thank--you all........She called us the 2nd January--2008 and said her and her husband loved it. She said that in Thorton near Denver--Colorado, it has alot of snow.

She was suppose to have gotten the doily the 24th, but that didn't happen. Oh well~~~~mail was terrible that day.

sunnywolfgar

Archived