Christmas gift scarves

Kiirs

I make lots of these "granite stitch" scarves every year because they're fast and easy. The camera didn't do justice to the lovely shades of purple in the purple one.

Details: Caron Simply Soft yarn and an H hook.

Here's the link to the photo page on Flickr if you want to see larger sizes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20381785@N05/

2149846686_8dd9c4f3b6_t.jpg

2149847102_d372799bcd_t.jpg

And finally, my 8-year-old daughter finished her very first scarf (a Christmas present for her little brother) and wanted me to post it here. I'm very proud of her. Yarn: two strands of Simply Soft/Sensations Boucle for the green, and Lion Brand Jiffy for the white.

2149053945_7313dc1d20_t.jpg

The purple scarf is lovely. I like Carron SS since they have a lot of different shades of most colors.

You must be so proud of your daughter! Completing a scarf at eight years old is a true accomplishment. It must be really nice to share a craft with your daughter.

:clapYour scarves are beautiful..I also want to congratulate your 8 year old daughter for the lovely work she did. I encourage her to continue with this wonderful and gratifying art:fluffy

Thanks for the wonderful comments, everyone! My daughter was especially happy to hear all the nice things said to her.

Archived