2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laura - I am right there with you. I have an been working on my hubby's afghan, a yo yo lapghan, a couple bookmarks and a scarf. So far this week, I have gone thru zero skeins. Maybe if I concentrated on one project instead of a couple days on this afghan, a couple days on the lapghan, etc then the skeins would start to disappear.

Crocheted all night and most of today. Trying to clean out the balls that are building up again. made another teddy, clothes for winter bear, a bunch more donuts, and started a cap to match a scarf I made a while back and the cotton shawl, plus put some more squares together. +12

I've been working on a small baby afghan, and no matter how much I do on it, those skeins are not going down. Yikes !! Well, I guess my score for this week won't be much. Perhaps it will be better next week. I'll work on something other than a baby afghan.

Well I didn't get much ILTY at HL today but did get 1 skein of ILTY and 12 assorted skeins on clearance for .55 and .97 that I just couldn't pass up though I didn't buy all that I could have I stopped myself from buying some that I've wanted to try but since I didn't know what I would make with it or what color I would want I didn't get any of those. So..... -26 added to my +13 just had to put a - in front of my score :lol Now to try to bust some more balls on 6 inch squares to make up for this days purchases.

Laura - I am right there with you. I have an been working on my hubby's afghan, a yo yo lapghan, a couple bookmarks and a scarf. So far this week, I have gone thru zero skeins. Maybe if I concentrated on one project instead of a couple days on this afghan, a couple days on the lapghan, etc then the skeins would start to disappear.

Walker- Well, I am right there with the both of you. I just haven't had time to crochet this week.School is keeping me busy, but spring break is the week after next and I know what I am going to be doing:hook :crocheting:hook:crocheting:hook:crocheting the whole week :lol If I could find the time to work on my mom's afghan which is a double strander, I could bust thru some skeins. :lol Plus I have 2 scarves going, a couple of Snuggles, and another afghan for my cousin. I have almost gone thru one skein tonite, and this is the first nite this week I have actually got to crochet. Maybe I should take your advice and concentrate on just one project and I might get somewhere.

Oh rats... I went into town yesterday and put myself in trouble... I came home with two huge Sensations Rainbow skeins, four little skeins of cotton and four skeins of Caron Simply Soft. -20 for me :P And I think I may go shopping with a friend on Saturday afternoon (so there is more danger ahead!)

:clap After 2 weeks of not accomplishing anything...I've finally finished 3 balls! I'm making a snake for my DS using scraps (after seeing one in another thread on here) so hopefully I can finish off quite a few balls over the next couple days.

I was a good girl yesterday. Went to the LYS at lunch to buy only the 4 colors needed for the comfortghan. And I walked out with only 1 skein of each color. Nothing more! The urge was there, but I squelched it. :cheer

As I was checking out, she asked the usual question "Would you like some wine, a cup of tea or some coffee?" If I didn't have to go back to work, I would have taken her up on the glass of wine to relax those brain cells. Once that would have happened, who knows how much yarn I would have walked out with!! :devil

Wow, I wish I had seen this thread at the start of the year!

I probably won't join, since it's already mid-February, but I'll check in every so often to get encouragement to decrease my own stash, if that's cool with y'all. :)

Oh rats... I went into town yesterday and put myself in trouble... I came home with two huge Sensations Rainbow skeins, four little skeins of cotton and four skeins of Caron Simply Soft. -20 for me :P And I think I may go shopping with a friend on Saturday afternoon (so there is more danger ahead!)

I don't blame you for buying, I could never have resisted the items you bought, especially the Sensations Rainbow, it is one of my favs. As are the cotton and SS. I applaud the fact that you didn't buy even more of them, :manyheart:clap

Archived