2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Used up another skein on Didi's sweater, going to finish another one soon, too!

I'm starting one of the Q hook afghans I found in an older pattern book, so I could count off another 7 skeins sometime in the near future, Woo-hoo!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I started on a sweater for my baby. I know, he won't be able to use it right away, but I already had the microspun in my stash and came across a cute pattern. I finished the back of the sweater and used up ome skein, so +2 so far this week. I won't be working on mom's flannelghan this week, as DH accidentaly loaded it into her car when taking stuff out last night. :lol

Good day today, put together 16 more squares for the baby ghan, finished boucle shawl, sewed arms and legs on amigurumi pouches and made one and a half memory bears.

1/2 skein and 3 balls used. +4 today

Yup.... used up another skein on my RR +2

Also bought 32 skeins while out shopping yesterday -64... MOST on sale, thank you :lol Lemme see if I remember... 3 Caron 1lb'r in Iris, 3 Caron 1lb'r in Orange and 16 Bernat Berella 4 (all on sale at Michaels), 1 skein of Sensations Boucle for a WIM (on sale at Joanns) and 9 skeins of Simply Soft at Wally-World... for the days grand total of -62 :devil

Just wait until my craftsetc order comes in :rofl

Hi Krystal!!! I really missed being here!! :hug

I'm having some trouble changing my signature info, so I'm gonna have to just list my points in posts until I can update it....last night I went through 2 skeins on a baby blanket, so I'm at +4 so far...now I'm gonna lurk here some more and then go back & hook like a crazy lady since I actually have the whole house to myself for the whole day!!! And the house is clean already, so I don't have to do anything but crochet!!! How lucky can a girl get???:clap

The good news....I finished another skein on the RR. +2

The bad news.....I bought yarn today at Hobby Lobby -10.

I bought 4 skeins of ILTY and 2 skeins of RHSS. ILTY was on sale for 1.99, and the RHSS was on clearance for 1.30.

That gives me -6 :(

Guess I better get the hook flying and use up some yarn :hook

I sent out 4 skeins of yarn today to a friend needing it so +8. :yay glad somebody could use the yarn :lol

Now to control myself at HL tomorrow. I hope our RHSS isn't on clearance yet I'll have to put myself way in the hole if it is. :lol

Off to try to use up some balls and maybe a few skeins before I go tomorrow.

My scores will probably look the same this week as they did last week. I have 5 tests this week at school. I haven't got to crochet anything in 2 or 3 days. I am having withdrawls. :(:lol The only day that I don't have anything to do but class is Thursday.

woooooohooooooo Second place. Yeah Jeannie1205 and Me!!!

Actually.. Congrats to everyone!!!

:yayfor us.....didn't think I'd ever be placed in one of those three prestigious spots. :clap

Now back to more crocheting. Doubt I'll beat my own score this week but up to +5 so far.

Heading to my LYS to use the 10% coupon at lunch today. But it is for a good cause...really!!! Have to get some colors for 12" squares to go for a comfortghan. One of the girls in my charity group just lost her husband to cancer so we are going to put together a comfortghan for her. See, told you it was for a good cause. (of course my stashbusting score will be below zero this week. Oh well....)

Heading to my LYS to use the 10% coupon at lunch today. But it is for a good cause...really!!! Have to get some colors for 12" squares to go for a comfortghan. One of the girls in my charity group just lost her husband to cancer so we are going to put together a comfortghan for her. See, told you it was for a good cause. (of course my stashbusting score will be below zero this week. Oh well....)

That is a good cause... and you thought before you're buying, so hopefully not too much "extra" damage will be done.

I finished up most of a second skein of microspun last night, should finish it off on the sleeves tonight or tomorrow night....

Ya know, with 2 afghans and a sweater going at the same time, you would think that maybe I would be using up yarn like crazy.....but haven't finished a skein yet (ok so 3 of the skeins I am using are pounders). Just gotta keep on keeping on. Hopefully will have some done by the end of the week............better get going! :crocheting

Archived