2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Okay - I waited until the last minute to see if I could finish off one more skein and I did it! Only 2 1/2 skeins total though. But I did stay away from the stores. So that is:

WTD = +5

YTD = +7

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday, February 16, 2008

First Place Nght +451 **great job!**

Second Place jeannie1205 +32 & Lisaizme +32

Third Place angelfire +22

[/Quote]

woooooohooooooo Second place. Yeah Jeannie1205 and Me!!!

Actually.. Congrats to everyone!!!

No you don't... if you knew her name, her evil plan would be in place. That's how she brings the rest of us down.!!!

:rofl

Now Krystal.... obviously that plan doesn't work well... look'it my score from last year!! :rofl

AND, apparently I've chosen the right project this time... I've used up 3 full skeins so far +6 (it's a double stranded ripple, SS with an N hook) :lol

Off to a good start so far this week- down one skein already this morning working a cotton market bag, and may get through another 2 for another bag. Unfortunately I'm using a cone of white cotton for the main color, so that will take quite a while to get through. Too bad we can't count pounders and cones as the same as two skeins, lol.

Off to a good start so far this week- down one skein already this morning working a cotton market bag, and may get through another 2 for another bag. Unfortunately I'm using a cone of white cotton for the main color, so that will take quite a while to get through. Too bad we can't count pounders and cones as the same as two skeins, lol.

That sounds good until you have to count them double coming in as well. :sigh

Lovelaughhook.. appreciate you taking that hit for me. It was close there eh?

:rofl

I hope to ship that simply soft yarn out of here this week. :yuck

Oh dear!! I love my DD very much, but everytime I feel good about using yarn up she gets me more. She came over today for our weekly visit, and brought me 5 skeins of Paton's Brilliant, this time in a lovely baby blue. I am feeling real good about having the yarn and such a sweet DD, but here I am again starting the week in the minus side.

-10 today.

I did get 16 squares put together last night, but not enough yarn used to make a dent in the skein.

My Wonderful husband :manyheart got me Annie's Attic's "Cathedral Rose Window" afghan pattern for Valentine's Day! (OK, so I found it, picked it, ordered it, and let him know, but hey, he went for it!) I heard that Joann's was having a yarn sale, so I went today to get the yarn for that afghan. And I had fun, but didn't allow any extra yarn to jump into my cart. I'm now at -28 for my WTD, and 0 for my YTD. I think that's pretty good! I've cleared out enough of my old yarn to make room for this without any guilt. :hook

I jope I got the score right, was doing fine but had to finish a few WIP's which meant getting more yarn. Ten skeins including a one pounder and three balls :eek. I very rarely get to buy that much at one time so I don't feel too guilty and now I can get moving on some gifts. :crocheting

2 more skeins down... 1 for the 2 strand ripple (which is now on hold because I underestimated my supply of black SS) and 1 for another new project, a new RR +4

AND... I'm about outta here to drop the Jeep off to the dealer, it's got issues. But, they're giving me something to drive for the day since I have a Dr's appt AND I wanna go shopping.... armed with a coupon for Michael's and yarn is on sale..... :D

Im such a loser! I have now forgotten to post my score 2 weeks in a row! Oh, well, Im not doing so hot, anyway! It is mostly just because I have absolutely no time to crochet with life and all that other junk ;) Hopefully my score this week will be better! I am staging a major destashing war on my yarn!

2 more skeins down... 1 for the 2 strand ripple (which is now on hold because I underestimated my supply of black SS) and 1 for another new project, a new RR +4

AND... I'm about outta here to drop the Jeep off to the dealer, it's got issues. But, they're giving me something to drive for the day since I have a Dr's appt AND I wanna go shopping.... armed with a coupon for Michael's and yarn is on sale..... :D

PM me your address and I'll send you some. I have 3 skeins that I will never use.

Ok, so I forgot about a gifted skein from a freind, I'll put it on this week. Does it really count if it is still in the car? I know, I know, it's in my car so it's mine.

I did use up 3 balls making hats Sat night and Sunday....plus I am working on a round ripple baby blanket. It is to the part where it is going slowly...Hopefully I will finish it up quickly this week, and be able to wind down a few skeins while I am at it. Then I can get back to fun quick projects.

I did sort part of my stash yesterday...my DH decided it was time to organize the shed. I hate the shed. Seems like every time I turn around my yarn is getting buried and I can't get to it. Well my 3 giant Ziplock bags of yarn are now sitting up right were I can get to them. I know there are more boxes & bags buried in there, but they will have to wait. I also found a stash of small balls that are just perfect for small hats and bags in really fun colors.

Archived