2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It never rains but it pours... the remainder of my MM order came today so I have 10 more skeins to add in...

so what's a -20 more between friends:eek

:blush

Don't worry Darski, I think I have you saved in the Shoot the Moon part. Especially since more yarn is expected to arrive tomorrow. :eek:cheer

Congratulations for using up some stash and for completeing your first big person afghan!!! :yay Have you posted a pic?? would love to see your handi work.

Will be posting a pic tomorrow.....I'm busy using it right now lol :c9

I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't be near a computer (or anything modern) until late Sunday night so I'm posting this week's score really, really early.

Weekly score: +2

Yearly score: +86

Don't worry Darski, I think I have you saved in the Shoot the Moon part. Especially since more yarn is expected to arrive tomorrow. :eek:cheer

Oh good... I was afraid I was a shoe in for that award this week. Appreciate you stepping in there and taking the brunt... what a sweetie you are. :hug

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Oh good... I was afraid I was a shoe in for that award this week. Appreciate you stepping in there and taking the brunt... what a sweetie you are. :hug

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I was thinking today when I hubby told me I got 2 packages in the mail that the shoot the moon award was mine for sure. I opened one of the boxes and it was yarn I forgot I had ordered... :eek so when I get 5 more skeins tomorrow, my score will definitely be big enough for shoot the moon. I've tried REALLY hard to use up some stash this week, but I've been knitting... and it takes forever to use up a skein when I knit.

Well, I have been crocheting all week, and have only used 4 skeins lol. Seems like the more crocheting I do the less I use up. I have been making squares and have only used up 2 balls one today and one yesterday. I did get the ends weaved in on 20 squares, one scarf, and one Snuggle today :lol. Weaving in ends is not my favorite thing to do, just glad that I got it done because it was beginning to pile up. So my scores now look like this:

wtd: +3 ytd: -18

Thanks for the cheers! It was hard to put it back but I really didn't need it so I behaved. I really want to not get high negative scores this year. :lol

I rolled a skein into a ball today and used up a tiny ball left over from earlier this week so another +2. :yay I'm still way behind for my YTD though :D

Ok, so I finished 2 more full & 3 partials on WUA pieces... +7

Payment was made & I sent the cotton I had listed on ebay.. that's ummm.. ::coff:: 210 full skeins (the P&C weren't all full, but if you remember I counted them as full when I bought them, for ease) and 3 partial... for a total of +423 :eek

Don't worry, DH didn't say I couldn't order/buy more yarn! :heehee:devil

For those who were interested, I am posting a pic of my afghan in the home decor area. Oh yea, and started another afghan so will keep plugging away at the stash (which is getting smaller and smaller until saturday when i go blow my joann gift card! :lol)

Now, now.... control yourself and keep in the positives!!! :lol

Payment was made & I sent the cotton I had listed on ebay.. that's ummm.. ::coff:: 210 full skeins (the P&C weren't all full, but if you remember I counted them as full when I bought them, for ease) and 3 partial... for a total of +423 :eek

WOW! Your off to a good start this year Nght.. how long can you last without buying yarn?

For those who were interested, I am posting a pic of my afghan in the home decor area. Oh yea, and started another afghan so will keep plugging away at the stash (which is getting smaller and smaller until saturday when i go blow my joann gift card! :lol)

If ya'all have not checked out her pic, you really need to see the afghan! It is her 1st and she did a beautiful job!:clap

jana

Ok so I'm going to do this early as for the past two weeks I couldn't remember to do it on Saturday, and for the simple fact that my swap partner assignment is coming sometime today :clap and I will be really distracted

here it is:

wtd +16 ytd -39

I'm slowly getting somewhere...:yay

Archived