2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Well, I'm having virtually a non-crochet week. So much crapola going on at work and home that I am too exhausted to even pick up my hook and yarn. Well, it's only Wednesday, so maybe I can bust a few skeins before Saturday.

I really hate how my job interferes with my crochet time. :blush:blush:blush

AMEN! If I didn't need to work to support my yarn habit and the house to keep it in, I wouldn't be here!

I have had a sick DH at home and now a sick kid as well (they are home together today), so that means my crochet time has been pretty much non-existent. Did manage a little bit last night, but nothing that used anything up. I am HOPING to get some misc yarn packaged up and ready to ship out tonight in order to help the count, but will have to see what happens with that. The good news is that DH is actually making dinner :eek so I may have a little more time than normal, although I will still need to do the dishes....he always conveniently forgets about that part.

Sara

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No new numbers to report but I was very good yesterday. :lol I went to HL to look at some yarn and couldn't find what I wanted but 11 skeins tried real hard to jump in my buggy but after much thought I put them back. :lol now if it had been the SS or RHSS it would have come home with me for sure.

I'm getting frustrated - I need three more skeins of yarn to finish Didi's sweater and the store hasn't re-ordered the color yet. I may have to start yet another project. I found a sweater I started over two years ago (yikes!) so I may see what condition it's in and if I can pick it up again, or frog it and use the yarn elsewhere.

No new numbers to report but I was very good yesterday. :lol I went to HL to look at some yarn and couldn't find what I wanted but 11 skeins tried real hard to jump in my buggy but after much thought I put them back. :lol now if it had been the SS or RHSS it would have come home with me for sure.

:woo:cheer:clap Way to GO!!!

I am so proud of you! :clap

I really hate how my job interferes with my crochet time. :blush:blush:blush

:rofl I about died when I read this one! I work in a call center and we answer phones all day... well, it has been rather slow lately and I have been crocheting at my desk between calls... My fellow workers are liking my work, so they are picking up hooks and learning between calls too. I now have 4 "students" and one other girl crochets and she is now doing her work at her desk too!

:h5

It has been a hoot at work now and we just tell our supervisor how crocheting relaxes us since our jobs are rather stressful. She doesn't mind so long as we 'behave' ourselves and don't neglect our work! So, I have gotten lucky and can actually not have work interfere too much! :hook

So +1 for me! Used about 2/3 skein FINISHING, that's right finishing!, my first adult sized afghan :yay So that gives me +3 for the week so far. Not much but I am way excited about finishing my afghan.

Congratulations for using up some stash and for completeing your first big person afghan!!! :yay Have you posted a pic?? would love to see your handi work.

I have finished up 3 skeins this week, two on a poncho and one on a sweater. +6.

I end up forgetting come Saturday to post my totals because I'm not on the computer as much, so I may start posting on Friday.

Have a great Thursday everyone!!

Well, I finished up two skeins of cotton for the kitchen swap, but have to look up to see if I counted the first half of each last week or not, so it's either +2 or +4 :lol I also got rid of a bunch of yarn Sunday when I was cleaning/organizing. I don't remember off the top of my head, but it was quite a bit.... for me anyhow... Maybe I'll get some more done tonight as I'll be on the road...

More of my yarn came in today... 18 skeins worth... but it's all really really pretty!

2264673851_fe8e03c87c_m.jpg2264674749_3a5ef8cd08_m.jpg

The first picture is from ebay, 2 skeins each of 5 colors of sock yarn The second picture is my order from the loopy ewe. The 2 on the far left I got the other day, but the other 8 I got today.

I finished the last skein of black (+2), had just enough to border the afghan :clap. My parents come yesterday for my birthday. Didn't get much crocheting done. They took me to lunch and shopping. We couldn't find the books I wanted, so I told them they can always give me gift cards to Michael's or A.C. Moore :lol. I had a good time, even though it started with snow around 4 AM and rained from 8 AM on.

My score this week: +8

Archived