2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Mindy,,are you actually trying to crochet, read AND carry on a life all at once !!! I'm really impressed. I cant seem to find time to read now... Im obsessively crocheting and knitting -- and hanging out here :rofl:rofl

I did make a resolution to get thru a book a month. We'll see how that goes.

For the week of 1-12 here are our winners for this week! A 2-way tie for second place!

First place -yarn monkey +94

Second place - coolhockeymom +74 & laughlovehook +74

Third place -HappyOldCro +36

shebear +26

Ellie 12 +24

jetty56 +19

LegalWoman17 +15

LaurieE +14

sammimag +14

Nght +14

donnalynn2 +13

Minerva76 +13

jneuman88 +12

yarncat +9

craftyjen +9

rlanto +8

sewmom +8

Dar2BDifferent +8

Ally *7

NeedleArts +7

tamugrad02 +7

DreamsOfYarn +6

130chris +6

2kute +5

isserlie +5

Warrior Maiden +4

TammyNC +4

silvermoon42 +4

Krystal16 +4

basjordan +3

walker1021 +3

MadCityCrochet +3

Addey +3

Melibean223 +2

KellyA +2

FelixLake +2

nessdot +2

Antdan +1

darksi 0

KnicKnac 0

Cym -1

Cesa -2

CLLinda -5

bnhall -6

Robyn -7

hseger -15

kommunistkandy -26

Shoot the moon - angelfire -68

Thank you everyone for making it easier to see your scores. I don't think I missed anyone who posted. If so, let me know and I'll add you in.

So... I've been plugging away at my scrapghan and managed to clean out my stash, getting rid of all that Freecycled that I haven't touched or thought about in years... Here's the math:

GAVE AWAY

18 skeins @ 2pts = 36 pts

48 balls @ 1pt = 48 pts

USED

1 skein= 2 pts

balls, balls to skeins= 8pts

WTD = 94pts

Disclaimer: This is a fluke. I just happened to have all this yarn that I'm not using so I used the CAL as an excuse to Freecycle like a crazy person. Besides, I know I'm going to be buying yarn soon and I needed to get my totals up!! :hook And no, I didn't count the ball that has run away. :P

SORRY I WAS A FEW MINUTES LATE!!! It would have been on time, but I kept getting confused on my math... I obviously need to figure this whole thing out on Excel or something... :think

Hey Mindy,,are you actually trying to crochet, read AND carry on a life all at once !!! I'm really impressed. I cant seem to find time to read now... Im obsessively crocheting and knitting -- and hanging out here :rofl:rofl

I did make a resolution to get thru a book a month. We'll see how that goes.

I've discovered the joys of audiobooks, which seriously help with the reading while crocheting problem. If I hadn't found audiobooks, I would have come up with some other way....like using fishing line and small weights to hold a book open while I crochet.... :D. But then, how would I turn the pages????

As far as carrying on a life goes, work cuts into a lot of my creative time. But once I go home, my time is mine. I'm single, and the only roomie I have is my dog, so it's a peaceful existence. :manyheart Well, most of the time, anyway. LOL

From the moon to third place...boy I really busted my buns this week. Current project is from scratch with an 11 oz skein, won't be doing much numbers for a few days, unless I throw in a couple of small projects, and figure out how to work with those yo yos....

Congrats to everyone, I know we all tried real hard...back to my shawl now...

Boy, I was in 3rd place last week (or something like that) and this week I'm lost in the middle! I need to work harder on managing my stash to stay in this thing!

Actually, I think this next week will be good because I am gifting some yarn to a friend of mine and I'm also giving some yarn to 2 lovely Crochetviller's who tested a pattern for me back in November as a thank you! WOO-HOO! Not only will I get rid of some more yarn to make more room for new but I'll improve my score!!!!!!

Congrats everyone!!!!!

OK, just call me dense, but I am confused again. How do you count a wonder ball? Is it when you actually crochet it, and then it just counts as one ball? (even thought you may have used 5 balls to make it?) Or do you consider the scraps as part of the original skein that was used and take the point before hand? Not that it really matters, I was just curious as to how it would be counted.

Ummmmmm What is a wonder ball:think

I've discovered the joys of audiobooks, which seriously help with the reading while crocheting problem. If I hadn't found audiobooks, I would have come up with some other way....like using fishing line and small weights to hold a book open while I crochet.... :D. But then, how would I turn the pages???? ....

Well, you would just yo, put hook into next stitch, use the end of the hook to turn the page, yo and pull through, then continue crocheting LOL!!!

Argh, didn't get on the computer on time! Not that I would have won anything, but I note I'm not on the listings at all...

Anyways, finished up another skein tonight so another +2.

Final score: WTD: +8, YTD: +18

Archived