2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Ladies, this is so not my place to say but we did agree that we would post our scores for the week in BIG letters to make it easier to find.

Now if you don't want your score to be found :eek then small type is a good plan :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Do you mean in the siggy line or in the post itself?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from getting new glasses, and DID NOT buy any new yarn. I am so proud of me!!!!

Did go to PO and mailed out 3 skeins and 2 balls.

Made YO YOs last night for first time, got tired of yarn bows and I had enough of them anyway. Stopped counting yo yos after 100. used up 5 balls.

I was looking at them this morning, and thought to myself, I really don't want to weave in all those little tails. How do you guys do it? I love making grannies, but don't have to weave the little tails on the first round because I just crochet over them on the next round.

Any how, total for the week is WTD +36 YTD -16

I don't think I will get much more done today so here it is:

WTD: +14 ~ YTD: -1

I managed 4 more points to working on dd's sweater. Most of this weeks came from working on her sweater, a granny blanket and Warm Up America rectangle grannies.

I'll need to get more yarn to finish up the granny gahn because I ran out of the green I want. I may pick up a few more colors to add to the border. Drats!

I don't know if I will get anything else done. If I do I will update this post.

I used two skeins making a doll bunting for my DGD (it matches one I made 31 years ago for my youngest daughter, that my daughter has now gifted to my DGD), I also used up 3 balls making rectangles , means I can claim +5 for today and

-67 WTD

First things first: Congrats to Tee-Dee and welcome to the world new baby boy (name?)!!

To Cym: As for scraps, you could make a wonder ball. Don't think about color combos, just take any pieces a yard or more and tie them together and wind into a ball. When the ball is big enough, start crocheting a giant granny square (or work in rows) and you get an ugly-ghan. If you make a long strip you get a funky scarf that goes with anything.

This week I used up 3 balls and wound a skein into a ball (+4) making some 12" and 8" squares.

My score +24

Ellie 13

OK, just call me dense, but I am confused again. How do you count a wonder ball? Is it when you actually crochet it, and then it just counts as one ball? (even thought you may have used 5 balls to make it?) Or do you consider the scraps as part of the original skein that was used and take the point before hand? Not that it really matters, I was just curious as to how it would be counted.

Reporting early as I'm on the West Coast and won't be home later today. Bought a skein, used a skein so no change. Then used a partial skein to finish basket weave babyghan last night. So:

WTD: 7 YTD: 7 for 1/12/08

Starting the class on the Pineapple Shawl and will be using a light lavender pounder from my stash. I agree with Darski -- it takes a while to work through those pounders! I really want a ball winder, would make working with a lot of my inherited partial skeins so much easier. I can only roll so many balls by hand before going bonkers. Right now, I'd rather just crochet!

Okay! Here's this week's recap:

I finished a rooster filet piece using 1/2 of a 1000 yrd ball of Clea thread

+1:clap

I finished two skeins of luster alpaca on a commissioned scarf

+4:clap

I used 1/2 skein of Homespun so far on a CAL on another group

+1:clap

BUT, I went and bought 2 more skeins for that CAL

-4 :eek

And my previous YTD score was

-10:blush

So.... WTD (1/12/08): +2, YTD (1/12/08): -8

How depressing...:P

I managed to use up 2 skeins of Cottontots while making a scarf last night so that puts me back in the positive for the week. Was hoping to get more done but just had too much to do.

WTD: +3, YTD: +7

Hopefully I will be able to keep the trend going next week!

Sara

OK, just call me dense, but I am confused again. How do you count a wonder ball? Is it when you actually crochet it, and then it just counts as one ball? (even thought you may have used 5 balls to make it?) Or do you consider the scraps as part of the original skein that was used and take the point before hand? Not that it really matters, I was just curious as to how it would be counted.

I wouldn't count a wonder ball at all.

I would count the usage when the balls went into the production of the wonder ball and then consider it a non-entity.

I stopped at Hobby Lobby on my way home from work today to buy a size H hook. They were still out of the type I wanted (Susan Bates Bamboo Handle), so no new hook for me.

I did rescue 3 skeins of orphaned clearance yarn, for -6.

+6 wtd

+12 ytd

Well, today I didn't even touch my hook and I'm about to log into EQII for a bit... so no hooking tonight either.

Therefore, My sore is: +3 WTD / -7 YTD

Not too bad... I do feel guilty that I've all but abandoned one of my WIPs... and I was so looking forward to making it when I started... bah... Oh well. There's always tomorrow and next week.

I'm totally in the hole thanks to someone I know. I'll get you next time my pretty!

Stash Busting Score 2008:

(WTD 01/12= -26) THANKS MEGAN! (YTD = -10)

Aww your welcome hun! Glad I could send someone in the hole!

I finished one of my socks, so I add +2

Archived