2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hear ye! Hear ye!

Would you believe this?

I was at Amvets (thrift store) and they had BAGS of yarn that someone had donated. It was all miscellaneous LARGE balls (probably half a skein) in many different colors... I PASSED THEM UP! GASP!!!

I left them there.. I thought "I have all kinds of yarn at home - I DON'T NEED THIS!"

And I walked away...

My score remains positive!!! :woo :woo :woo

Congratulations on controlling your addiction.:cheer Now, don't sleep on it then go back tomorrow and snag up those bags. lol

Today I went to Michaels....and left empty handed. Sigh

Helped that they had the 30% off everything so the shelves were bare. I looked through all the books trying to find the perfect ghan for my sister, but still haven't found it.

Oh wells! Score stays positive.

(p.s. is it sad that when deciding between rhss and caron pounder for the navy and light blue color of the college she is going to, I found myself thinking that you get more points for the rhss...although now I think about it, either way when you use it it comes out to 0. Hmmm)

(p.s. is it sad that when deciding between rhss and caron pounder for the navy and light blue color of the college she is going to, I found myself thinking that you get more points for the rhss...although now I think about it, either way when you use it it comes out to 0. Hmmm)

I know just what you mean! I find myself passing up small skeins of yarn in the store because they cost more points. Then when I get home, I look for the smallest skeins to use because they will get me more points quicker. But in the end, if I buy and then use it, it is the same number of points no matter what....it still comes out to zero.

Sara

I'm almost finished with a baby blanket I started on Monday. So far I've used 2 skeins and 2 halves. +6 for me yay! I'm doing better than last year already...doing the happy dance! I'll update my score tomorrow

I used up 4 more balls of yarn on my 2SUB, so +4.....my score won't be too bad this week.....I will try and post again tomorrow so this will be closer to the end, but I don't think I'll use up anymore yarn tonight, and I have a full day of house remodeling before work tomorrow......so my score for the week is +7......

Well, I got the skein from my friend to finish up my last Christmas stocking (-2), but while we were chatting, I finished another WUA square and turned the skein into a ball (+1), so now my wtd is at +11, bringing my ytd back to zero ... yay! Now to try to stay on the positive side for awhile LOL!

My stashbusting score for the week is +3. I don't think I'll ever win, but it is good incentive to keep going at the scrapghan, which isn't my favorite thing.

Thanks for all the work you do to maintain this!

I rolled a skein into a ball for another +1 :yay but I also just remembered I'm finally going to be getting a few bags of yarn for working on some lapghans for donation next week so that will be bad again for my score. :lol

WTD=+9

YTD= +29

I have crocheted this week, just didn't seem like I got much accomplished. lol I finished my first bath puff, finished a scarf for my mum and started a triangular shaped shawl (no pattern so we'll see how it turns out).

I am pretty sad this year so far. Only used up one ball of yarn so far.

But I am using the giant Pounders from Caron and it will take me forever to use it up in my round ripples.

Oh and I bought three skeins this week, so I am a negative for the week and year so far.

:manyheartwtd=-5 ytd=-5I didn't know about the need to print it big. Sorry.

I'm going to be very busy for the rest of this afternoon so thought I'd post my score now so that I don't miss the 8pm deadline.

Ok, here's what I did for the week:

Used up 8 little balls of yarn making my Valentine's Day scarf and working on a baby granny ghan.

I threw away (I know, but they were just unuseable!) 9 balls of yarn while cleaning out my room last night.

I purchased 2 Caron One Pounders this week which brings my

WEEKLY TOTAL TO = +13

YTD TOTAL = +33

I have almost used up one of those Caron One Pounders so that score will go on next weeks! WOO-HOO!!!!!!

P.S. For those of you using the larger skeins or having a hard time getting motivated because of having a low score, try to use up at least a couple of your small balls every week! In the past 2 weeks I had used up (what I thought) was 1/2 of my ball basket and when I cleaned out my room this weekend and re-organized I filled it back up again! Those little balls are great for stash busting in little projects like coasters, placemats, hair scrunchies and so on!

Ladies, this is so not my place to say but we did agree that we would post our scores for the week in BIG letters to make it easier to find.

Now if you don't want your score to be found :eek then small type is a good plan :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Week 2 Scores: Weekly (+14), Yearly (+20)

I'm reporting my scores now since I'm working on my filet 2 class project today and I know I won't be using anything up today.

Ahhh...school started again on Monday so I've been busy busy busy with classes...haven't gotten to crochet as much as I'd like to. And I got lucky yesterday...I went shopping, but nothing was on sale and I didn't have any project in mind so I had no idea what I'd buy anyway. So I decided I'd wait until next time. But "next time" I'm sure I'll be going down.... lol

But even so...my score is...

WTD: +4 YTD: +11

First things first: Congrats to Tee-Dee and welcome to the world new baby boy (name?)!!

To Cym: As for scraps, you could make a wonder ball. Don't think about color combos, just take any pieces a yard or more and tie them together and wind into a ball. When the ball is big enough, start crocheting a giant granny square (or work in rows) and you get an ugly-ghan. If you make a long strip you get a funky scarf that goes with anything.

This week I used up 3 balls and wound a skein into a ball (+4) making some 12" and 8" squares.

My score +24

Ellie 13

Archived