2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I won't ever be the highest scoring either. I thought my stash was bad, but like I said before, if I used all my yarn today I wouldn't have the highest score. I think it's just nice to work towards using it up anyway. My goal isn't to be the highest scorer; it's just to be in the positive scores. :)

My goal is basically to be no more than 5 points away from zero either way. A positive score will be a plus, but if I'm only 5 or less in the negative, I certainly won't pout LOL!

Finished Boucle Lapghan, used 1/2 of 2 skeins (double strands) means +2, used 1/2 skein on WUA patches, +1, and gifted 2 skeins of pink to daughter, +4. Total for today is +7. That brings me to +23 for the week. Goodbye moon, :lol.

Let's see. I finished off 2 skeins in the last few days and then just shipped off 5 more for a off forum swap. Someone in Britain wants to learn how to crochet and I couldn't resist "infecting" her, so I sent some Moda Dea Washable Wool, Knit Picks Swish DK and Patons Canadiana - all actually leftovers from other projects. Yea +14. Hopefully I'll finish a bit more tomorrow!

ahhhh

Thank you for the information about the Yo-yo.

I make granny daughters, and they use up a yard or 2.

Also thank you for the heads up about the Warm up America and the rectangle6X9 squares. I will make some of those as well.

I am in the negative for the week (see signature), but am still positive for the year so I am counting that as a good thing. I have made two hats in the last two nights, but I haven't managed to use up a skein because they are multiple colors. Came close last night with one of the skeins, but was hoping to get the whole thing GONE! If I roll it into a ball tonight I will claim the point out of desperation. :)

Will be dedicating my weekend to making WUA rectangles so I hope to be able to up my numbers by tomorrow night. Might turn the rest of the yarn I have been using into baby hats to send off to charity. Have to see what I can come up with....

Since I have so many projects going at once, it has been hard for me to remember what I have been using up each week/day. So, I have resorted to keeping track in a spreadsheet. Does anyone else do this or am I the only geek?

Sara

I have a spreadsheet in QuattroPro (Corel's version of Excel). Thank goodness it does the adding and subtracting for me.

Since I have so many projects going at once, it has been hard for me to remember what I have been using up each week/day. So, I have resorted to keeping track in a spreadsheet. Does anyone else do this or am I the only geek?

Sara

Sara, I thought I was being obsessive with my steno note pad. I have a column for balls and a column for skeins. Broken down by week. It is kept on the floor right next to my big, comfy crochet chair. :crocheting Now if I could just start filling up those columns with skeins and balls used, that would be so, so great!

Sara

I keep one in a ledger book, but sometimes I am too tired when I go to bed and forget to log stuff in it. I was going to do one on PC, but figured if I can't remember to log it in book, I am never gonna enter it in PC, :D:yarn:hook:crocheting

I too set up a spreadhseet. Partially due to not wanting to do the math myself, and partially because my brain is mush right now and I can't seem to remember stuff long these days...

I gifted 42 skeins to my mother this week so +83 then I was gifted 4 skeins and I bought 4 skeins so -16 so bringing my total thus far to +66

wtd +67

DANG! I think that is equivalent to my whole stash! I bow to your generosity...and if you ever do need any of that stash back, you know where it is. :lol

Sara

i'm +2 for this week just getting ready to sit and wind what is left of my scarf skeins into balls cuase I hate working from floppy skeins I should finish these 2 soon and will probably use 2 more before i am done with this scarf seeings as how I am barley half done

I want to remind everyone that we will be posting our weekly scores tomorrow evening 8pm Eastern time. And that I PLEASE ask you to either bold or change the size of your fonts when posting scores. I've seen some of you change the color of your score, but if it looks the same as the rest of your text, besides the color, then it's not standing out enough.

I like this: wtd +12

Not so nice: +12

Thanks everyone! Your help with this is greatly appreciated! It makes score tracking a bit easier!

.... Since I have so many projects going at once, it has been hard for me to remember what I have been using up each week/day. So, I have resorted to keeping track in a spreadsheet. Does anyone else do this or am I the only geek?

Sara

So far I've just kept Crochetville open on my computer, so when I use up a ball or skein (or buy one ;) , I go right to Quick Links to edit my signature. But if I'm crocheting on the go, I'll need to do some kind of jotting down so I can update properly when I get home. Whatever works!

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Would you believe this?

I was at Amvets (thrift store) and they had BAGS of yarn that someone had donated. It was all miscellaneous LARGE balls (probably half a skein) in many different colors... I PASSED THEM UP! GASP!!!

I left them there.. I thought "I have all kinds of yarn at home - I DON'T NEED THIS!"

And I walked away...

My score remains positive!!! :woo :woo :woo

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Would you believe this?

I was at Amvets (thrift store) and they had BAGS of yarn that someone had donated. It was all miscellaneous LARGE balls (probably half a skein) in many different colors... I PASSED THEM UP! GASP!!!

I left them there.. I thought "I have all kinds of yarn at home - I DON'T NEED THIS!"

And I walked away...

OHMYGOSH!!! You have better control than I do! I don't think I could have passed it up, even if it meant going into the negative! :devil

GOOD FOR YOU!!! :yay:yes:cheer:clap

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Would you believe this?

And I walked away...

WOOOHOOO! Way to have some will power! I am proud of you!

(Now....what is the address of the AmVets and do you think they would ship it to me......?)

I AM KIDDING! Like I would really pay to ship yarn across the country....*looks up shipping rates*....no, definitely not....worth....it....some one hold me back PLEASE!

Sara

for this week only... since I was missed last week I am going to post my current score in

Great Big Letters

unlike last week when I just used bitty big letters :heehee even though it has not changed at all.

I've managed to wind another ball of baby yarn, and might get the ball used up by the end of the week. LOL, I've got a mom-to-be that's only a month pregnant and showing... and twins/multiples run in the father's family....

Archived