$1,295.00 Crocheted Bag at Neiman-Marcus!

hooked2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gadzooks! Take a look at this $1,295.00 crocheted bag selling at Neiman-Marcus (:eek)! Think of the amount of really, really, really nice :yarn you could buy with that money! :crocheting:yes

PS: And look at the crocheted shoes! Now, I love shoes but - whoa :lol!

The bag is nice, but it is not one bit prettier or made any better than a lot of bags I have seen posted on this site.:yes

The bag is nice, but it is not one bit prettier or made any better than a lot of bags I have seen posted on this site.:yes

Oh, I absolutely agree - :yes:yes !! I only posted the info because I was amazed that anyone would sell a bag for that amount (although I shouldn't have been, not really)!

Perhaps those 'Villers that are designing and creating these fabulous bags here should start their own label and start selling (:cheer)! And I'm only kidding a little bit. There's such design talent here at the 'Ville. Not to mention the "mad" (that's a compliment) crochet skills here! :crocheting

Crazy...I sure dont' get why it's priced that way. I've seen crocheted bags at walmart that are just as nice :think

WOW!!! The handbag stitch looks like a Catherine Wheel and the afghan square looks like it starts with a round of 24 dcs, followed by (2 trc cl, ch2, 2 trc cl) for corners and V-stitch in between.

:lol:lol:lol Thanks for the instructions!

• 1 month later...

I was just talking about with with a medical student that was shadowing me yesterday. though she wasn't surprized that most people didn't know who Stella McCartney was! I wish she was going to be around longer than 1 week!

• 2 weeks later...

My first thought was, If I keep reading will I find a pattern to make one.

With all the talent here, Someone should come up with one.

It is really pretty!!

I can't imagine paying (or asking) that price for a crochet item. Hey, howdoya put the little happy, sad, face guys in here???

Bug

:lol

I agree with SO many of these posts, that I don't know where to start! The purse is waaaay overpriced, even for a Stella McWhoever -

Even if Daddy is Sir Famous.

It looks like a star stitch to me, too.

I'd much rather have a cruise than a purse.

The whole Neiman Marcus thing eludes me completely. (I'm not a shopper!)

And Bug...just go to "advanced" in order to use the smilies! :hook

Well, about the purse, honestly, I think its kinda ugly. Looks like a little old lady bag. And the shoes look fairly run of the mill. nothing special.

not impressed. :(

One more thing... the shoes are only available in narrow width.

Well, I remember the Beatles before they were famous, and they were in little pubs in Liverpool. Then they were "discovered."

As for Stella's crocheted items ~ yes, the prices are insane.

Forget making the purse. You can probably make a lot more for the lesser amount of work that goes into the shoes and they're selling for almost $1,100. :lol

Now, will this crochet on the shoes stretch? Yes I think, unless you use rope. :lol

Archived