Baby Bumblee Stuffed Toy

Shellie

Baby Bumblebee-Stuffed Toy

th_100_6240.jpg"][/url]

I don't want to say this all throughout so here goes: Weave in all ends! If you do it as you go it won't seem too irritating at the end.

Materials

Sm amt worsted weight in yellow, black, white and bootie cuff color of your choice

two sequential hook sizes (ex: G and H, J and K, etc.-I advise no bigger than G and H for a toy you stuff)

yarn needle

sewing needle (if you make bead antennae)

safety eyes (I used 9 mm) or buttons for older child

black embroidery floss or sewing thread

16 black seed beads (I used a little bit bigger size rather than the teeny)

small white 2 hole button (shouldn't need any bigger than 1/2")

BEE

With yellow and larger hook make a magic ring or chain 2.

R1: 6 sc's in ring or the 2nd chain from the hook

R2: 2 sc's in each sc around- 12 scs

R3: (sc in the next sc, 2 scs in the next)- 18 scs

R4-8: sc in each sc around changing to black after R8

Now is a good time to put on the eyes, pacifier and antennae. Use the picture for help in placing the eyes.

Using your contrast color and the smaller hook chain 10 and fasten off. Secure chain to the pacifier (button)-this is your handle-by wrapping the tails several times around the button holes. Leave one of the long tails free to sew the pacifer to the first round of yellow, covering any hole that may be left. Again use the picture if you need a visual.

Thread the sewing needle with the black thread or floss. Secure it at the top of the head so that it will not come back out, ending up with the thread coming out of the head. Put 8 beads down the needle, pushing them until they are at the top of the head. Thread the needle back down through the last seven beads, the eighth bead is how you secure the string. Once again make sure it is secure before cutting the excess and continue in the same manner with the second antenna. If this is for a young child just make 2 small chains with black yarn instead.

R9-11: sc around, change to yellow at the end of R11

R12-14: sc around with yellow, change to black again at the end of R14-start stuffing firmly

R15-17: sc around with black, change back to yellow for the final rounds-continue stuffing

R18: (sc in the next sc, dec) around- 12 scs

R19 and 20: sc around

R21: dec around and fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing. Finish stuffing (using the other end of your hook helps for tight areas) then weave the tail through the scs of the last round. Pull tight and secure.

BOOTIES/LEGS-make 6

With white and smaller hook start with a magic ring or chain 2

R1: 6 scs in ring or in 2nd chain of ch2

R2: 2 scs in each sc around- 12scs

R3: (sc in the next two scs, 2 scs in the next) around- 16scs

R4-6: sc around

R7: (sc in the next 2 scs, dec) around- 12scs

R8: (sc in the next sc, dec) around in BACK LOOPS only, then fasten off white- 9scs

R9: attach accent color in any free loop of R8 and sc in each free loop around, fasten off color.

WINGS

With white and smaller hook make a magic ring or chain 2.

R1: 6 scs in ring or 2nd chain from the hook. Join, ch 1 and turn.

R2: Sc in each sc around. DO NOT JOIN Ch 4 (first triple) and turn.

R3: Tr in same stitch as ch 4, (2 tr in next four scs). One Tr in the last sc, ch 4 and sl st to the join from R1.

Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing. Use picture to help with placement or put them where they look best to you. Sewing them down close together and in back loops makes them stand a bit better.

With black and smaller hook put the hook through any two opposite sttiches from the last round of white. Chain 7 and fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing. Use picture to help with leg placement. If you insert the needle all the way through the body, making sure to keep it straight and pull the yarn tail to the opposite side it will help with placement of the opposite leg. Do not secure tails until you have all legs where you want them.

If you have any questions just PM me, this is not tested.

I do not remember how I made the diaper but if you make the back of the bee in white and crochet it slightly looser, its not too hard to fake one. I used embroidery floss to make the diaper tabs. On the last row at the "waist" make half the stitches clusters and the other half double crochets. That makes it look like the top of a diaper.

The pacifier chain is just that, a really long chain attached to the pacifier and the diaper. You wouldn't want your baby to lose his pacifer on his first flight. :)

One last comment-I used embroidery floss for my pacifier chain, bootie cuffs and pacifier handle. The bee is worsted weight, the diaper is baby sport yarn, the wings are embroidery floss as well and the booties are baby fingering yarn. He or she can be made with all worsted weight, it just changes the size. I used a seven steel hook for all embroidery floss crochet. I THINK I used F for the body and B for the booties. Please post any bees you make, I would love to see them!

post-15976-135897482028_thumb.jpg

post-15976-135897482036_thumb.jpg

Archived