Angel memorial

Addey

This piece is pretty special. This is the first time I've tried thread crochet filet. I've worked some with thread before and I've done some filet in yarn. What really makes this special is that our very own RoseRed deisgned this piece and I made it using my Gram's size 6 Boye hook.

2140731635_969775af96.jpg?v=0

This is what I made my mom for Christmas, no it hasn't been blocked yet. My original goal was to make it for my grandmother (REC are her initials), but she passed right around the time I got the pattern. Once my mom blocks is (she's a professional picture framer) I'm going to be putting this onto a pillow for her. She loved it when she opened it.

I have nothing but the fondest memories of her, especially her crafting. She never would have clasified herself as an expert, but in my young 7-year-old eyes, watching her create anything was magic. She will be with me every time I pick up a hook, or create anything in any craft.

I have made so many things with my grandmother's hooks.

I use her size 8 hook the most' date=' and I feel close to her when I do.

I wish for you that you have many good feelings about your grandmother when you use her hooks.

Zuzu[/quote']

• 3 weeks later...

Archived