Crochet New Year's Resolutions

:crocheting Try to use up stash yarn. Maybe difficult since I have so many sized and colored balls left.

:crocheting I need to not be so afraid of making a wearable. I need to be challenged more and need to try to understand patterns more and construction of a sweater.

I like your resolutions...

Don't be afraid of making a wearable...just try to find a basic pattern that's easy. It's a lot of fun and you get to dictate how something fits you, instead of being at the mercy of clothes off the rack :lol.

Personally, my crochet resolution is to TRY to get through all the Yarn Kits I got for Christmas this year! Short of crocheting in my sleep, I'm not sure how I'm going to do it... :think

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yarnDon't wait till the last minute (as in December!) to make some Christmas gifts.

:yarnI would like to make something with Tunisian crochet. Crafty Witch, if you've still got that spare book, I'd be interested!

:yarnMake something big, such as an afghan. I have only made one afghan in my life, but it took 10 years! :eek Well, I was in the midst of a divorce/raising my two older kids/working full time before I got back to it....

:yarnNot a *crochet* resolution, but I really want to make something knitted, even if only a dishcloth.

:yarnPerhaps make some new snowflakes for my Christmas tree. I made these ones probably 20 years ago, and they are starting to show their age. :(

:yarnFinally, I resolve to REMEMBER THESE RESOLUTIONS and KEEP THEM! :lol

I have never thought about making crochet related resolutions, but what a great idea. After much thought, I would like to check out the stash busting ideas or crochet alongs and maybe bust some of my yarn stash. My yarn stash has been around too long. Beth

boswifedeb, did you find the Handy Hands site? AFAIK, they are bar none, the premier needle tatting resource although Annie's Attic published some relevant material (which alas, appears not to be available at their website). I'm thinking of ordering some yarn size tatting needles and a set of cro-tatting hooks from them.

1) Like so many others, I resolve to start Christmas gifts early this year! Like, maybe tomorrow. :lol

2) I'm going to finally get brave enough to crochet with thread.

3) I'm going to make something for ME! I always make gifts for other people and nothing for myself.

4) I'm going to do my best to put a dent in my stash. There's a good chance we'll be moving into a smaller house this year and I just won't have as much room.

5) Darski's post reminded me of one more - I want to make at least one blanket for Project Linus, even if it's a fleece no-sew instead of crocheted.

I am determined that 2008 will be the year of the baby for me. I haven't been doing much for our local pregnancy support centre this last year so that goes to the top of the list.

I am also determined to make an afghan using a wonderful stitch pattern just to prove I can do it (and complete it :sigh )

Crafty Witch, I sure did find them. I'm planning on ordering some needles from Joann's. My mom thought it was really interesting. She's curious to see how it's done. Unfortunately, due to severe rheumatoid arthritis, she isn't able to do needlework. She has a hard time cutting out items for her scrapbooking, but wants me to do some tatting (if I can!!) to use in her scrapbooking. I guess she has a lot of faith in me!! Thanks for the heads up!!

I have two main ones:

Finish every project before moving onto another

Use up 75% of my stash before buying more yarn

Seriously, my tiny little house is overrun with yarn and half-finished projects. It's sad :)

I also want to learn some new stitches, and just get better with my consistency as far as my stitches go :)

Jess

Use up 75% of my stash before buying more yarn

Seriously, my tiny little house is overrun with yarn and half-finished projects. It's sad :)

so did you join the new stash busting CAL? We are going to keep each other honest... or die trying :rip

Goals for 2008:

one more item and construction of bedroom is done! now if I can get DH to cut that threshhold I'll be in business!

which means cleaning it out!

1. finishing all the UFO's that have collected in the bedroom, including last 18" of king sized afghan

2. make full size afghan for DS bed. (of course then roomates will want one!)

3. and start the 300 ornaments for christmas a little sooner this year. I already have the pattern but it is knit, will have to expirement to change it.

1. Continue learning more crochet and loom knitting skills. I really need to master crocheting in the round..but at least I got the hang of it the other day, so there's now real hope:lol

2. Make more items for charity. I made and gave away some 30 hats(loom knitted), but want to make more give away items as I learn those new skills mentioned above.

3. Keep the fun. This is all supposed to be fun. I want to make stuff for others, but I don't want to get so caught up in numbers, that I lose sight of the sheer joy of making stuff out of a skein of yarn.

Funny I was just thinking about this the other day. So here are my crochet goals for 2008;

1. Form a local crochet group. Who wants to crochet for charity.

2. Our hospital is in the process of building on a new cancer center so I would like for our group to make chemo hats for the hospital.

3. I would like for our group to crochet baby afghans for our hospital so each new baby goes home with a special afghan made just for them. I printed out a free pattern for an octagon shaped afghan from a link on this site that I think would be perfect for this.

3. I would like for our group to make 8 inch squares from their left over yarn that we could then put together and make lap afghans for the nursing homes here.

I am thinking I am going to need a big group :hook I give so much of my work away, and I know the people I give it to appreciate it, but now I would like to give to where it is really needed.

Funny I was just thinking about this the other day. So here are my crochet goals for 2008;

1. Form a local crochet group. Who wants to crochet for charity.

2. Our hospital is in the process of building on a new cancer center so I would like for our group to make chemo hats for the hospital.

3. I would like for our group to crochet baby afghans for our hospital so each new baby goes home with a special afghan made just for them. I printed out a free pattern for an octagon shaped afghan from a link on this site that I think would be perfect for this.

3. I would like for our group to make 8 inch squares from their left over yarn that we could then put together and make lap afghans for the nursing homes here.

I am thinking I am going to need a big group :hook I give so much of my work away, and I know the people I give it to appreciate it, but now I would like to give to where it is really needed.

Too bad we can shake the wrinkles out of the terrain between us.. I would sign up in a heartbeat! I'd love to get something like this going here. You're right, the needs are so many...

I don't really have any year long goals... I tend to be so overwhelmed by a hug list I brea it down for each month..

So..for Jan:

finish afghan gift ( 60% complete)

crocheted coat hangar set for a teen girl

( satchet made embroidery to go with gift)

snowman pillow

snowman potholder

chicken potholder

( embroider dish towel to go with chicken)

5 hats for charity blitz

2 baby blankets for blitz

fingerless gloves blitz

write up and work out doorstop pattern

small crocheted gnome

...THAT should keep me busy!!!!

I'm pretty new at this, so to LEARN MORE!!! I'm resolving to take some of the Crochetville classes.

I'm also resolving to make things for charity, since I'm finding getting good enough at this to make something worth giving :)

I'm also resolving to become active in this community because it seems like a wonderful place to be! :c9

I am going to try my hand at some wearables, make christmas gifts each month (2 per month at least), try my hand at a filet project, even if it just a crochet block to start with so that I can tackle the Celtic shawl on friendshipshawl.org.

- Finish what I start

- Try not to buy more yarn till my stash is gone (I have 8 of the XXXL zip lock bags full), this one is going to be very hard to keep!

Archived