Comfortghan needed for my sister--Enough Squares Coming! Thanks everyone!

Robyn

A bit of background, first. In Spring of 2003, my sister, Donna, and her husband were hit by a drunk driver. My sister lost her right leg up to the knee. The surgeon did a hack job and so my sister has never been able to get a prosthesis, but she's survived. A few weeks ago, her stump began bleeding, enough for emergency surgery. That surgery went fine until she developed MRSA and went back into the hospital. They went in to take care of the MRSA and discovered all the damage the previous surgeon did. They also found the reason for her constant pain which was that the tissues were growing into the bone. In all, the surgeons took another five inches from her leg.

Donna's recovering, for the most part, but feels even more isolated than before and the meds she's on aren't helping. Brainstorming with my mother, I came up with the idea of asking for squares for a comfortghan. I think it would help her out a lot to know that others are thinking about her and an afghan would be perfect for her to cover up with in her chair.

Here's what I'm looking for:

20 12-inch squares in shades of purple, worsted weight (preferably Red Heart). I will be bordering them in Off White.

I'd like everyone to attach a piece of paper with name, location, and kind words, but this isn't a requirement.

I don't have any specific patterns in mind, so anything you have is fine to send.

Post here, or PM if you'd like to help.

Thank you all!

Thanks! I'd like to have all the squares by by Jan 20. I'll be going to Tulsa in Feburary and I want to have it done in time for that trip.

:hug:hug:hugrobyn, i can make at least one and will try for 2 or 3. how sad that thru no fault of her own she is now disabled for life because of the doctors hack job, bad enough she lost her leg, but thats not right they did that bad a surgery, i hope she sues them for pain and suffering. i will help let me know your address and where to send them alright,. i was wondering does she knit or crochet? if so let me know and i will send her some yummy yarn i bought i bought it cause it told me someone needed it. so far ahs not spoken to me , so purples 12 in worsted weight, i have some that i can use i think if not will get some. thank you for helping your sister, please tell her thatshe is in my prayers and that i hope she is soon feeling better :hug

:hug:hug:hugrobyn, i can make at least one and will try for 2 or 3. how sad that thru no fault of her own she is now disabled for life because of the doctors hack job, bad enough she lost her leg, but thats not right they did that bad a surgery, i hope she sues them for pain and suffering. i will help let me know your address and where to send them alright,. i was wondering does she knit or crochet? if so let me know and i will send her some yummy yarn i bought i bought it cause it told me someone needed it. so far ahs not spoken to me , so purples 12 in worsted weight, i have some that i can use i think if not will get some. thank you for helping your sister, please tell her thatshe is in my prayers and that i hope she is soon feeling better :hug

I've been trying to get her to learn how to knit or crochet for a long time. I did get her into scrapbooking a couple years ago and she does that on ocassion, but does little else and sits at home with her husband (who was also disabled in the accident) and their kids. Any squares you're able to make are fine! Thanks!

Archived