Sweater for my brother!

DebbyinLV

I made this sweater for my brother for Christmas! When he was visiting from Colorado last time he saw the Lion Brand Homespun yarn in Harvest that I had in my stash and wanted me to make a sweater for him out of it. He saw a pattern for a knit sweater in one of my books that he really

liked. I thought that I could try to make it but knitting big projects like

a sweater is out of my league. I tried but knew I would never finish it. Knitting is so tedious for me and I crochet so much better. So I tried to find a crocheted sweater for men but could not find many patterns

available. Then I bought the Crochet magazine issue for January 2008

and there was a pattern for a sweater for Men and it would look great

in the Homespun yarn. So started on it right away so I could be done

by Christmas! I just finished it yesterday and my brother is flying in today

to be with us for Christmas. Hope he likes it and it fits!

IMAGE_00278.jpg

IMAGE_00275.jpg

IMAGE_00276.jpg

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas everyone!

He is going to love it and the color is wonderful! Maybe you can get him to pose in it and post a pic of him wearing it for us. :) I just used Harvest too for a sweater I designed for myself (will post soon). Did you end up using Harvest for this in the end? It looks different to me here, but it could just be my computer monitor.

Oh, the Colorado rocks and skies are all mirrored in this great sweater! We were there this past summer and I still remember those colors vividly. How wonderful to be able to have such a sweater!

Archived