Last minute gift...scarf for stepdad

MrsLewis907

So we were finishing our Christmas shopping on Friday, and we were having a problem finding a gift for my stepdad...and my husband simply states to "whip out" a scarf for him, and that'd be a quick gift. TRUE...but with all my other projects (finishing 2 other scarves, finishing an afghan, and a fleece-knot blanket, plus wrapping them) in time before leaving for home (today)...I thought I'd MAYBE be able to do it, *hopefully* I though.

Well, I managed! Everything is done...just have to weave in ends! And here is my (super easy, super quick) scarf!

2131516458_6d7370eba9.jpg?v=0

It actually turned out a lot better than I thought it would! Here's a close up of the stitches:

2127706333_a3559e2435.jpg?v=0

I simply just made an Alternating Box Net Stitch, long enough to be made into a scarf! And the colors just ended up really neat too.

That is a really neat looking scarf!! The colors are really neat!! [(Last Friday, I made my 1 yr. old granddaughter a fleece-knot blanket--I put 2 pieces of fleece(1 pink with designs on it and the other a solid pink) together to make it heavier for her(keep her warm), it sure was tough knotting the two strips together:eek !!)]

Archived