"Mindy" - Ami Horse

shazzeth

She's taken me ages...like, a whole week, whereas my other amis have taken two days. It's driven me up the wall but I think the finished product proves that Mindy was well worth the effort :)

s517176955_523106_9846.jpg s517176955_523108_834.jpg s517176955_523107_319.jpg s517176955_523105_9465.jpg

All pictures should be clickable, so click for finer details [ buttons, bells etc. ]. I'm quite happy with how she's turned out. Her tail is a bit rough, but what're you gonna do...I'm learning :think So that's Mindy...she's made up of:

- Cream acrylic yarn

- Blue/green/purple/pink baby acrylic yarn

- Lilac acrylic yarn

- Polyester toy filling

- White sewing thread

- 2 googly eyes

- 5 purple glitter buttons

- 1 silver bell

- Length of blue glitter crochet thread

...so she's the most complex ami I've made yet! She's going to be given to my Mum's cousin's daughter for Christmas...she's horse mad so hopefully she'll like her :)

Oh, and you can find the original pattern here - yeah it's a unicorn...I tweaked it a little and added my own finishing touches...

She's so pretty. So worth the time and effort. She's posseable(sp?)? I wish I had her. :yes

Her legs are threaded. The pattern says to use dental floss, but I found it kept unwrapping in the knots I'd tied, so used thin white thread instead, which worked better. All four legs swish and are fully poseable [?]. I gave her to her new owner earlier and she was thrilled :)

Katie absolutely loved her :D I took Mindy out to her village yesterday and let her open it while I was there. I got a cuddle, and she couldn't stop talking about her...so that's a good reaction :lol I'm really glad she liked her though. Apparently in her room she has a Christmas tree completely decorated with horses, and she'll be joining them as far as I know, so wahey! I made a little girl [ ok, a 13 year old... ] very happy yesterday :hug

Very good work!! :clap

I've made a couple of ami rabbits for my kids and am working on a Redskin colored rabbit for me!

• 2 weeks later...
That horse is so cute. It looks quite small. What type of yarn did you use?

Erm...oh ****, I'm useless when it comes to telling people what I use :think It's just...basic...acrylic...normal...double knit...yarn...I guess... :lol I'll check for you later if you want me to?

Archived