Laura Ingalls Wilder Doily

Jaded Moon

Question

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't find who to contact! (I prefer email...don't like telephones!) The pattern link is on one site and the chart is on another and there wasn't contact info readily available. (And yes, I looked all over...I'm used to trying to find contact info for various crochet/craft sites.)

Sooo...I hope the poster above who said she contacted them will get a reply back.

Thanks for hunting Rachel! You've been working hard on that since I emailed you a couple weeks ago! I sure hope someone can find it...birdlady1, we're all looking to you now :) (and anyone one else who can help us!!!)

I emailed the museum as well as the Paper Crafts magazine. Apparently they bought out Crafts magazine and they had a contact email at the bottom of the page.

But so far, no responses.

Oh - this is so gorgeous. I always loved the Little House Books and TV show growing up and even did my Year 12 English assignment on Laura Ingalls Wilder.

I so hope that someone manages to locate the chart so that we can all share.

Oh - this is so gorgeous. I always loved the Little House Books and TV show growing up and even did my Year 12 English assignment on Laura Ingalls Wilder.

I so hope that someone manages to locate the chart so that we can all share.

The good news is that a couple of ladies on here DO have the chart, they just don't know if it would violate the copyright laws to share it with us. Hopefully we can get it figured out and they can send the chart to all of us. :hook

Sara

The good news is that a couple of ladies on here DO have the chart, they just don't know if it would violate the copyright laws to share it with us. Hopefully we can get it figured out and they can send the chart to all of us. :hook

Sara

I too have the chart, I was lucky to get it when the link was still good I hope that in time it will be easily available or permission given to not violate the copyright laws on passing it along.

I doubt the pattern was ever copyrighted by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The "automatic copyright" laws didn't go into effect in the US until the 1980's--copyright applied only to published material that was registered with the copyright office. (Her books are still under copyright, I am certain.) I don't think she published this pattern, and there was no "automatic copyright" in effect during her lifetime. That doesn't mean someone else didn't copyright it by registering it sometime...or perhaps the newly published chart was copyrighted by the person who made it, or the magazine who published it.

Archived