Laura Ingalls Wilder Doily

Jaded Moon

Question

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a link to Belinda Carter's other books, (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/104-1109462-7267916?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Belinda%20Carter) published by Annie's Attic (though these copies are on Amazon). Maybe if we contacted Annie's Attic, we could get in touch with Carter? I'll send an email to AA.

Just heard from Annie's Attic. They don't have the contact information to reach Belinda Carter.

I have worked in fine thread, even down to size 60, with crochet; so I'm not put off by #30 at all! I do hope that one day it's reprinted, and then I can arrange to buy the booklet. I am overseas also, so chasing these patterns is always a bit of a challenge.

OMG!!! I found a link that gives you the graph for the pattern but I didn't want to post it until I know if it is ok. Is it Amy????

Michelle

Now that we know that Coats and Clark purchased the pattern from Belinda Carter, who created by looking at the original Laura Ingalls Wilder doily, the answer is: you can only post the link if it is to an original Coats and Clark company link.

Coats and Clark now apparently owns the copyright to this new pattern chart, and they have sole say on when, where, and how it can be posted.

Okay, despite all my requests NOT to post links to this pattern, yet another link was posted (and not to a link on the Coats and Clark site, the copyright owners), exposing Crochetville to the risk of legal problems related to contributory copyright infringement.

As I said in an earlier post, if the links keep being posted, I might have to close and/or remove this thread entirely. Since so many people have been reading this thread with great interest, I've decided I'll get too many questions about it if I just remove the thread. So I've removed all links to the pattern other than the original source link (which doesn't work).

I am closing this thread so no more links get posted. If anybody receives a response from Coats and Clark about the availability of the pattern and would like to update the thread with that information, please send me a PM. I'll be happy to open the thread up long enough to post that information for you and the rest of us.

I saved the chart on my computer, but does somebody own the copyright to it? Can you email through the addy given at your link to see if they (the museum) can fix the link, or if they can provide the chart for you? Or call the phone number provided? If it is any help, the bottom of my chart states it was published in "Retro Revisited, June/July 2003 issue" though it appears to be from the Crafts magazine June/July 2003 issue. Maybe contact Crafts magazine?

Hope that helps!

I don't think Crafts magazine exists anymore....I think it became "papercrafts" which is run by Creating Keepsakes, a scrapbook magazine. Don't know if they would even have it anymore. The only other place you could check is with the museum or association itself. They MIGHT be able to point you in the right direction or tell you if the re-printing rights have been revoked.

Sara

I just lucked out! I found a copy of Crafts from June/July 2003 on eBay for $1.99. I hope you're right and that this incredible filet is in that issue!

That is Awesome! Grats! I hope it is in there! Let us know.

I saved the chart on my computer, but does somebody own the copyright to it? Can you email through the addy given at your link to see if they (the museum) can fix the link, or if they can provide the chart for you? Or call the phone number provided? If it is any help, the bottom of my chart states it was published in "Retro Revisited, June/July 2003 issue" though it appears to be from the Crafts magazine June/July 2003 issue. Maybe contact Crafts magazine?

Hope that helps!

I am assuming it is most likely copyrighted.

I just lucked out! I found a copy of Crafts from June/July 2003 on eBay for $1.99. I hope you're right and that this incredible filet is in that issue!

On the website it looks like the Laura Ingalls Wilder Doily was an "online bonus". I don't know if the whole thing was a bonus or just the printable chart that no one can find. Let us know if it is indeed in the magazine as it appears there are still issues available on ebay.

Sara

Hi, I have that doily saved in a word doc. There is no copyright notice on it. It is a vintage pattern. When did she die?

I don't know the this pattern was designed. Perhaps it's in the public domain?

Maria

Just saw that the pattern was worked by Bendy Carter for the magazine. She's a member here, right? Maybe she can give more info.

Hi, I have that doily saved in a word doc. There is no copyright notice on it. It is a vintage pattern. When did she die?

I don't know the this pattern was designed. Perhaps it's in the public domain?

Maria

Just saw that the pattern was worked by Bendy Carter for the magazine. She's a member here, right? Maybe she can give more info.

She died in 1957. Do copyrights expire or can the foundation hold onto those rights?

I had also downloaded the picture from CPC...and the link to the pattern was dead. I emailed Rachel, and she was looking into it, and said she'd have to block the link from her site for now...soooo sad. I love that image...and being a "Wilder" fan, makes it that much better...I recall mention of her crocheting lace of winter evenings...her and sibs and friends, knitting and crocheting lace, and exchanging patterns...so I wasn't surprised that she was a crocheter...but the AMAZING SKILL this woman had...wow!

I sure hope birdlady, that you can find some answers for all of us...or Rachel of CPC maybe...

Once we all get the chart, maybe we can all participate in a Laura Ingalls Wiilder Doily CAL. :-)

I think that would be a perfect idea, since seeing that doily inspired me to try thread crochet for the very first time. I am going to need all the help I can get!

Sara

Archived