Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hi i have read all the posts and it is really really tempting .....i have so many to do's ....maybe i can just make a square in between the to do's :scrachin but i also get bored quickly so maybe that will be the way to go ...that way i wont be working on it all the time ??

i dont have a pattern for the babette :( is there a method ?? or is it just jump in and wing it :crocheting

Hi Clare and welcome

Yea,it sounds like the babette may just be the thing for you since you get bored easily. That sure doesnt look like it'd be a boring project .

I'll let some of the others that are doing the babette jump in on their patterns/ methods, etc.

I dont have the pattern so dont know much about how to make it all come together . :think

I have had this pattern for a while now

http://www.crochetme.com/issue_1/fun_flower_pillow.html

This looks like the perfect time to try it! I'm IN!

C'Mon Get HAPPEEEEE!

I also think this stained glass afghan pattern looks a lot like the Partridges' Bus if done in other colors..........

http://members.aol.com/SAG55/stainglass.html

LOL, I graduated high school in 1975! And I'm sure it counts....that's too funny....:lol

Kim

Me too!! :lol And yes, I had a pair of knee-high white go go boots! White patent leather, as a matter of fact. I just adored them! :manyheart

I just found this thread, and I'm so glad I did! I can't start anything before Christmas, but as soon as the holiday is over (I will be finishing up crocheting gifts until the very last minute) I am going to join this CAL. It will be my first one! I am going to do a 60s-colored kaleidoscope afghan! I'm so excited about starting it!

Elle

wendy

the colors depends on your choice and taste of how you want the afghan looks like

i`ll use 5 colors onlly

mayby i`ll add one

i have sky blue, soft sage, light purple, rose, and espresso

mayby i`ll add yellow

but waiting for my yarn to arrive

:hi i have read all the posts and it is really really tempting .....i have so many to do's ....maybe i can just make a square in between the to do's :scrachin but i also get bored quickly so maybe that will be the way to go ...that way i wont be working on it all the time ??

i dont have a pattern for the babette :( is there a method ?? or is it just jump in and wing it :crocheting

Clare howdy and welcome. Im doing the babette pattern too well soon anyway. I dont have the pattern but went from the photo. Im going to use 7 colors and the squares are made up of 2 row, 4 row, 6 row and 12 row squares. They are the solid granny square which has less holes and then its just what colors you want to use and how you lay it out. You can use however many colors you want.

I have so many odds and ends I may be better off making the occassional Babette square...it's certainly not boring!! I'll see...those squares still might end up as part of a tote bag:lol:lol

I;m still in the planning stage...scurring around to finish a couple of little things that I know can get done for Christmas gifts.

See y'all later....:hug

Wendy - If they won't ship the magazine to you I can always get it and send it on to you....I know where you live :devil:hug

I think I started to have half an idea for this project as I was falling asleep last night. Gotta work on its development today :yes

I'm almost finished the Granny Square Hat and I think after that I'm going to do the Babette! I found I have that issue of the magazine and have been reading over the pattern. Now to see if I have the yarn!

Kim

wendy

the colors depends on your choice and taste of how you want the afghan looks like

i`ll use 5 colors onlly

mayby i`ll add one

i have sky blue, soft sage, light purple, rose, and espresso

mayby i`ll add yellow

but waiting for my yarn to arrive

Your colors sound lovely.

I mapped out mine on graph paper. I figure it should end up 60x80 or slightly bigger.

Debbie -the flower pillow is perfect ! I remember having those big Flower Power Stickers for my book covers and folders at school in midde school .

Elle- welcome, chickadee ! We're always glad to see a new person and see what you have up your sleeves !

Cara- ooh, this oughta be a fun one for you. I can hear those brain-gears of yours turning from clear up here !

I think I'm gonna give the peace -sign afghan a go,but trying to figure out how to make the background colorful. I am not good at that part at all, so will make a bunch of colors then lay them in different patterns to see which would look good .

I'm almost finished the Granny Square Hat and I think after that I'm going to do the Babette! I found I have that issue of the magazine and have been reading over the pattern. Now to see if I have the yarn!

Kim

Kim can you tell me what issue and magazine the babette is in so I can try and locate it. Thanks

The Babbette is in the spring '06 Interweave Crochet mag. I googled it and there are copies available out there, but by the time you add in shipping it runs $15- I'd rather buy yarn! I found a blog where someone had added on to her 'ghan and had charted out her addition to make sure it blended seamlessly with the piece she had done with the pattern. She had squares of 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 rows in hers.

I sat with some graph paper last night and came up with the basic idea. I'm still tempted to get the pattern just for the square layout, even though the color layout won't do me any good since I'm not using as many colors. I think I need to just dive in!

Hey Julie- Can I come to the reunion if I'm sporting my favorite winter look- *braided* leg hair? Cornrows are so slimming......

Thanks Ladies.

Ok I have bought it from their website and its cost me $22. But it will nice to have the pattern in front of me, that way I can put my colors against theirs and it will help with placement of the squares. Well Im hoping. The magazine has a few bag patterns too that look quite nice.

Well going to work its my last day before I go on holidays. We are having secret santa at work and going out for lunch so we really wont be doing much work.

Catch u all later.

Hey Julie- Can I come to the reunion if I'm sporting my favorite winter look- *braided* leg hair? Cornrows are so slimming......

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Wendy - They are gonna send it to Australia for you, right?

Tab and the others-- you are all welcome at our reunion... but it WILL be summertime then, so you MAY wanna get out the old razor ( or SANDER ... JIGSAW, whatever you need ) ,to remove excess hair from your legs if you're gonna wear shorts. Either THAT or at least COMB your legs ...

YEK, can't picture that .....

Now i'm not that bad. I shave once a week, okay maybe sometimes 2 weeks. :blush But it never gets long enough to comb. :lol

I think I'm gonna give the peace -sign afghan a go,but trying to figure out how to make the background colorful. I am not good at that part at all, so will make a bunch of colors then lay them in different patterns to see which would look good .

Oooooo, squares or a graph? I still haven't decided what i'm doing but i'm thinking something super simple & colorful. I have always wanted to do a bright granny ghan with black but my friendship ghan will cover that so i'm unsure. Hmmm........:think

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Archived