~ The KnitWits ~

JulieKay

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone and Happy holidays. I have one more present to finish up today and then I will be picking up those needles again and giving it another try. If I can just make a dishcloth or a scarf I willl be in seventh heaven. See you all later today or first thing tomorrow. Hapy holidays to all.

Thanks for the welcome to this thread.

My knitting machine is a knit king bulky. The smaller one is a Singer.

My friend Denise owned the bulky and used to make a lot of sweaters with it.

When she found out she had cancer, she made sure her husband understood

that I was to get her machine if anything happened to her. I now have the machine

but would rather have Denise back. Maybe in the next few days, I will collect my

thoughts on this and do a webpage on my website to explain more.

I know she is the angel who keeps tapping me on the shoulder whenever I touch

yarn now. And I know she is smiling big time for my progress :)

Patti-that is such a nice thought that you have the machine that your friend owned and that she is watching over you. I'm sure she is and will be so proud of you for carrying on with a craft that she loved .

I understand also, that it'd be much better to have your friend back. People can never be replaced, can they ?

I hope you are able to make some new friends in here and that we can help you achieve your goals .

Okay, after weaving in my ME ghan ends I may just get my kn...kn....kn....kn...knittt...kniittt...knitting stuff out & give it a go again. I make no promises & the first time it hits the wall i'm done. They are giving lessons in Febuary in town for $25 so if all else fails maybe that'll be best but i'm skeered. :scared

I dunno about that. Doa will not be happy if he has to come home & patch 100 little holes in the wall where I threw the needles.

Throw em at the couch .

:rofl :rofl :rofl Tabby, it really isn't that bad!

Howdy gals :flower

Back from San Antonio! Had a great time and I got 32 skeins of Vanna's choice for Christmas :dance Three great large tote bags and one lonely little skein of RHSS in Cherry Red. That's all my SIL would allow BIL to choose :lol

Traffic was horrific! :eek It took us, no exaggeration because we timed it, 3 hrs 27 minutes to go 12 miles!!!!! Took just over 6 hours to make a 3 hour trip :irk The upside to this sad little tale is that I took my shawl with me to work on and I think I am now a Master at the garter stitch :fame:rofl I got over a foot done! I'm really loving it :yes

Oh and the machine I got is this one. Someone asked somewhere but I can't remember where :think They came out like 20 years ago and I've been eyeing them since then. Now just seemed the perfect time with this KAL and all...well this KAL and the 40% off coupon I had :wink

Patti, I agree with Julie...but it is wonderful that you are carrying on the craft with your friend's machine:hug

Tammy - have a peace-filled holiday:hug

Howdy gals :flower

Back from San Antonio! Had a great time and I got 32 skeins of Vanna's choice for Christmas :dance Three great large tote bags and one lonely little skein of RHSS in Cherry Red. That's all my SIL would allow BIL to choose :lol

Traffic was horrific! :eek It took us, no exaggeration because we timed it, 3 hrs 27 minutes to go 12 miles!!!!! Took just over 6 hours to make a 3 hour trip :irk The upside to this sad little tale is that I took my shawl with me to work on and I think I am now a Master at the garter stitch :fame:rofl I got over a foot done! I'm really loving it :yes

Oh and the machine I got is this one. Someone asked somewhere but I can't remember where :think They came out like 20 years ago and I've been eyeing them since then. Now just seemed the perfect time with this KAL and all...well this KAL and the 40% off coupon I had :wink

I have one of those. But the yarn dosen't slide smoothly through the needles. For some reason it keeps getting stuck. On well, I'll fix it one of these days.

Morning all and a Merry Christmas Eve

Cara- glad you made it home ok, my gosh, that must have been a bad drive to take that long !

Wow, did you ever hit the yarn jackpot ! Good for you , and what colors did you get of the Vanna yarn, some of each or just certain ones ?

And good for you to get so much knitting practice. Maybe that'd get all us newbies to practice it more if we were stuck in a car for hours with nothing else to work on ! :lol

Well, it is offical in this house.....I am now on a downhill slide with yarn.

I picked up the knitting needles last evening....some very soft yarn, and said *self, you are GOING to get this fiqured out*. What started out as a hat, is now a rectangular piece, and probably will end up being a scarf.

I am happy with my work. Just knit one row, purl back the next row, pattern. I did use a long crochet hook to get the first row on the needles.

The first row casting on, has always been a rough spot for me.

I can take a picture later to upload :)

Julie - Yep being stuck in a truck with absolutely nothing else to do is a good way to learn to knit :rofl :rofl Hmmm, wonder where we can go so I can master the stockinette? :think:lol :lol

Patti - Good for you!! :yay

Let's see if I can post a picture correctly :)

Nope, not going to work for me.

Guess I need to give the url for the album.

You can click on the picture to enlarge it.

http://imageevent.com/ladytoysdream/knitprojects?n=0

You can right click on the url, and then tell it to open in a new window.

That way you won't lose your place here.

Merry Christmas Ladies!!!!

I'm tickled to see your progress!! I have finished the socks and the purse. Trouble is, I forgot to take pics before I wrapped them! :eek

No worries tho. I'm giving them to my sisters and my son's girlfriend tonite. I can take pictures then!

I also started another pair of socks with worsted weight yarn for a friend of mine I won't get to see until Wednesday. I've already finished the first one, and am getting ready to turn the heel on the second one.

If anyone is interested, we can try some beginner socks after the first of the year. Knitting Pure and Simple has a beginner sock pattern with worsted weight yarn that is really easy. It's a very basic pattern and can be found here. I'll be teaching a class at my LYS using the same pattern.

I quote -

*If anyone is interested, we can try some beginner socks after the first of the year. Knitting Pure and Simple has a beginner sock pattern with worsted weight yarn that is really easy. It's a very basic pattern and can be found here. I'll be teaching a class at my LYS using the same pattern.__________________Christi *

4 needles ?

Do you realize how scary that is to me ?

I have all I can do to keep 2 needles going the right direction :)

They are beautiful socks though, and I always wanted to make a pair....

do they have any 2 needle ones ???? Oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeee :)

C'mon Patti!! It's easier than you think!!

My first pair of socks was the third FO in knitting..........and I'd only been knitting a couple of months! There were several mistakes, but the recipient liked them anyway........

Archived