JulieKay

~ The KnitWits ~

Hi everyone. I've been offline for a while. I have computer problems. But that didn't stop me from working on the socks. I've done 3 socks so far and each of them are different sizes. :lol Right now I'm working on a baby bootie that I found in one of my magazines. So far so good. Finished one bootie and am halve way done on the other. I'll try to have pictures when my computer is fixed. :)

I have this problem with pretty much anything I try that has two items. I wonder how many socks I'd have to make to have a chance of getting two items of the same size.

I have this problem with pretty much anything I try that has two items. I wonder how many socks I'd have to make to have a chance of getting two items of the same size.

I was kinda wondering the same thing myself. :lol Oh well, I'm just having fun making them for now. :yes:lol

Well, my MIL and I are taking a class in knitting right now on Fridays. We're each working on ponchos. She's doing one in Bernat's Pink Camo for my DD, and I'm doing a larger matching one for myself but in RH Pink Camo. Did anyone other than me notice that...

a. RH Pink camo is not pink camo, its like a cherry mint chocolate chip ice cream color.

b. when you knit with a variegated color, it doesn't seem to come up with the pretty natural patterns that crocheting with it does?

Just checking in here and I find us on the 3rd page. Still having computer problems but I'm still knitting. I found a easy baby bootie pattern in one of my magazines and I finished one and am working on the 2nd one. This time I think I might have a matching pair. :lol What is everyone working on now?

I haven't picked up my knitting in a couple weeks now. I finished a hat that I designed, only to find out that it is too small. My solution will be to add ear flaps since my sister requested a hat with them. Not too sure why she wanted it, but I better get it done ASAP since Spring is only a couple weeks away!

Well I've been knitting away furiously! Since I found out I'm pregnant, I've wanted to knit a little cardigan.

In the past, the only things I've knitted are plain scarves with no pattern.

This cardigan is the first pattern I've followed and I'm nearly done! Last night I sewed together the back, arms, left and right fronts together. I have to leave the side seams open at this stage. I was completely amazed that all my peices fit together perfectly! It's a raglan sleeve, and all the raglan bits came out right! I was so amazed!

Now I'm making the band that has the buttons and button holes in it, once that's complete I stitch that around the opening and neckline of the cardigan. I was so proud this morning because I made a button hole! Here was me thinking it would be too hard and I'd just have to put snaps on, but no!

I can't wait till it's finished. It's looking just like the one in the picture on the pattern book, I'm so excited!

Excellent job! And congrats on expecting a little one!

Well I've been knitting away furiously! Since I found out I'm pregnant, I've wanted to knit a little cardigan.

In the past, the only things I've knitted are plain scarves with no pattern.

This cardigan is the first pattern I've followed and I'm nearly done! Last night I sewed together the back, arms, left and right fronts together. I have to leave the side seams open at this stage. I was completely amazed that all my peices fit together perfectly! It's a raglan sleeve, and all the raglan bits came out right! I was so amazed!

Now I'm making the band that has the buttons and button holes in it, once that's complete I stitch that around the opening and neckline of the cardigan. I was so proud this morning because I made a button hole! Here was me thinking it would be too hard and I'd just have to put snaps on, but no!

I can't wait till it's finished. It's looking just like the one in the picture on the pattern book, I'm so excited!

Congratulations! :yay

Recently I purchased Barbara Walker's Learn-to-Knit Afghan Book, and I've gotten 2 blocks finished. Maybe when I make it to the last block, I'll feel like I know what I'm doing.

2882428570094065822S200x200Q85.jpg

Sherri - they look wonderful. Keep it up!

They do look great Sherri! That'll look awesome when it's all stitched together.

Mandy76, wow, sounds like you've really taken to knitting!

Sherri, the squares look great!

Here's my finished cardigan! I'm so proud!

cardigan8March08redcuced2.jpg[/img]

Thanks Ladies, I'm taking my time with them.

Mandy that cardigan is precious. You did an awesome job!

What happened to everyone? :shrug After a break I've picked up my needles again and finishing my 2nd pair of booties. I'm hopefull that this time they'll match. :lol Whats everyone working on now?

I'm using a knitting loom to make a kids hat. I can't get the hang of knitting with double pointed needles.

I'm using a knitting loom to make a kids hat. I can't get the hang of knitting with double pointed needles.

I have a set of those. I only made two baby hats with it. It was fun and easy. I'm just lazy to start another. :lol

It took me a while to get used to working with dpns but I actually found it fun to work with them. Sometimes I just cast on some stitches and just keep working in the round to practice then frog it. Have you thought of doing that?

Not knitting anything at the moment, but I picked up an issue of Simply Knitting, which is currently inspiring me to make socks. I haven't decided what yarn to use yet. Plus I've still got a lot of things to do for my Secret Pal.

Can't wait to see what everyone is working on.

I'm still very slowly worknig on my sweater. If I am lucky I'll get to wear it next winter :lol I usually only work a few rows at a time so it is pretty slow for me...

I have a set of those. I only made two baby hats with it. It was fun and easy. I'm just lazy to start another. :lol

It took me a while to get used to working with dpns but I actually found it fun to work with them. Sometimes I just cast on some stitches and just keep working in the round to practice then frog it. Have you thought of doing that?

I am going to visit my parents this weekend, and I plan to ask my mom to teach me. I just can't get the hang of it on my own, even watching a video while I'm doing it.

I found this link on another board. It is a list of 500 knitting patterns that use small amounts of yarn. There may be something here to practice on:

http://simpleknits.blogspot.com/2008/03/500-patterns-to-knit-with-1-285-yards.html

Wow, so many good patterns. :cheer I printed out the pattern for the Magic Baby Booties. And there are more I'd like to try. Thanks so much for the link. :):yes

I put aside learning to knit to finish up a bunch of CAL's but I'm still determined to learn. My plan is to pick up those needles again and look at it as a fresh start....