~ The KnitWits ~

JulieKay

Finished the scarf last night! Haven't had a chance to take a picture yet, but I'll post one as soon as I get a chance.

For those interested, I used size 15 bamboo needles and I liked them really well. My only complaint was that the yarn kept splitting....but it was Homespun, so I don't know if it was the yarn or the needles. Overall, I liked the needles, and sis is in love with her new scarf. Now she wants a hat to match...which I'm going to crochet. My hooks are feeling a little neglected....

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, I decided to jump into this group. I have been knitting for about 5 years. I have knit socks, scarfs, lots of felted things. Here are the hedgehogs I made for Christmas. I knit 14 of these.....

I just completed knitty's coachella. Great pattern and easy to knit....but I hate it! It looks horrible on me. I would post a picture here....but I would be mortified!!!! I guess it's because I'm not as skinny as most people that have knit it ( I wear a size 12) So....off to the frog pond it goes....I used Lion cotton...I'm sure I can find something else to knit or crochet with that yarn!

Now, what knitting project to start now?!?

Heather, those hedgehogs are simply adorable. Maybe someday...

Here is my knitting accomplishment for the week. It's the start of a dishcloth, featuring varying degrees of tension, and raggedy edges. Of course these features are un-intentional....It's going to be a while before I am good enough to knit anything any more complex than this.

th_DSCF0086.jpg

Hmmm, I can't get to the hedgehogs :grumpy Says I'm not allowed in there. I'm allowed everywhere by now I thought :think I wanna see the hedgehogs :(

I'm still waiting until I can get a shoe on and a ride to the store for a #4 set of needles so I can start my sweater :sigh

Hi All.

Welcome Heather.

Here's my meager progress for the week. I'm ready to start another color on the Log Cabin and I've switched to a different sock this week. I've left the Moon Sock on the needles as I'm not sure if I'm going to frog it or not.

2176093660094065822S200x200Q85.jpg

You guys have to join the special groups....we have a begining and experienced knitters group now. When I go to quck links (at top of page), click on user control panel, then on the right, click on group memberships. That is where I see the knitting groups. I'm not sure if you can actually join there or not. Once you join, from the main page way to the bottom you get another catagory, special interest user groups. This is where I have been posting about my knitting. If that doesn't work, maybe someone else can tell us how to join.....

You guys have to join the special groups....we have a begining and experienced knitters group now. When I go to quck links (at top of page), click on user control panel, then on the right, click on group memberships. That is where I see the knitting groups. I'm not sure if you can actually join there or not. Once you join, from the main page way to the bottom you get another catagory, special interest user groups. This is where I have been posting about my knitting. If that doesn't work, maybe someone else can tell us how to join.....

I would love to join a group for beginner knitters! I'm going to check it out now.

Thanks!

Kim

Hmmm, I can't get to the hedgehogs :grumpy Says I'm not allowed in there. I'm allowed everywhere by now I thought :think I wanna see the hedgehogs :(

I got the same message???? :(

:cheer Hi everyone, everyone knitting projects are looking great. As promised here is a picture of "The Irish Hiking Scarf" that I am slowly knitting. I love how cables look. It can be seen at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12302824@N03/2186133202/

Hope you are able to see it. Hugs

:cheer Hi everyone, everyone knitting projects are looking great. As promised here is a picture of "The Irish Hiking Scarf" that I am slowly knitting. I love how cables look. It can be seen at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12302824@N03/2186133202/

Hope you are able to see it. Hugs

It's beautiful! I love the color and it looks like you've been knitting for years!!

Kim

Heather, those hedgehogs are simply adorable. Maybe someday...

Here is my knitting accomplishment for the week. It's the start of a dishcloth, featuring varying degrees of tension, and raggedy edges. Of course these features are un-intentional....It's going to be a while before I am good enough to knit anything any more complex than this.

th_DSCF0086.jpg

Those features are all easily removable with a washer and a dryer!!! :rofl

I finally finished the little knit poncho tonight. It was really simple on giant needles with extra bulky yarn. Plus it's only for a small child, so I definitely took my time on it...would probably only take a couple hours if that, and I took all week, if not longer!

Oh...

I also just finished watching an old episode of the Knitty Gritty, and they demonstrated an easy way to make socks, so that might be my next knitting project...unless I decide to make the scarf I was thinking about doing with some extra bulky yarn and those giant needles. We'll see!

Thank you for telling us about the knitting group I just joined up and I will be checking it out later. :D

I just found out today I will be knitting a cardigan I started for a friend last year. :blush I was going to make it for her for christmas, but not even quarter way with the back yet. I decided to crochet her something, but she is having none of it, she wants the knitted one! So I will take pics when I haul it out of it's hiding place and start working on it again.

:clapHi everyone, just have a moment to say thank you for all the lovely comments about my knitted cable scarf. Like everyone here I only know how to knit and purl and I decided to branch out a little with this cable scarf and soon knitted socks. Today I visited my neighborhood Borders Book store and it is closing, It has been part of this neighborhood for more than twenty years. All their books were marked down 40%, it was really crazy in there for today is its last day. I did manage to Grab "The Crochet Answer Book." Many of their craft books on every subject was gone. It really was sad even though we all got a deal on our books. Well got to run to my Bible Study Group. Hugs and a great knitting or crochet evening to you all.

Archived