~ The KnitWits ~

JulieKay

I'm with you Cindy. :yes Think most of dishcloths will still be crocheted :lol Started making one with some acrylic needles I picked up on clearance last week. Was a little dubious of the acrylic but it was 4 bucks for 3 sets so what the heck, right? These things are great! Too big for a dishcloth (smallest in the set was 13). But they slide wonderfully and they dont' leech the heat out of my hands. Think I'm gonna get a whole set of those :yes

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found out that I can't knit in bed at night. And if I start thinking about what I'm doing... I mess up horribly! Yesterday I was able to get 5 rows of ribbing done and about 20 rows for the heel flap done, I was listening to the Knit picks podcast the whole time. So once I got into the rhythm of the stitches, I was flying.

Tried picking up and work a bit last night, and could not do it. :lol

I bought 2 more sets of dpns in size 3 last night. So now I have 12 in size 3. Enough that I can do 2 socks on 5dpns or do 2 socks and a small hat. I'll probably cast on for my 2nd sock after I finish the heel flap on the first one. And work back and forth on them till done.

2166326297_785db1e81f_m.jpg

I have about 10 more rows left with the 2nd sock's heel flap. I'm working on both socks at the same time so that they are the same and so I don't get the 2nd sock syndrome I hear so many talk about.

The sock on the purple needles is done with the heel flap, the red one is my current sock.

Well made myself a stockinette dishcloth that took about 3 hrs to do...but it was practice in the stitch anyway.....

dishcloths010408.jpg

It's the one on the right (obviously). The left one took about 15 minutes with a J hook.

Cara, your dishcloths both look great. I think I like the crocheted one a teeny bit better though.

Megan, thats a great idea, doing both socks at once. I know if I ever get to socks, I'll never make two alike, unless I do them both together.

That's the way I prefer to work socks!!! I have 3 sets of size 2's, and 2 sets of size 4's, and 3 sets of size 6's!!!!

I've found that my socks are more uniform, and closer to the same size every time when I do both of them at the same time.

I just got my book club order in :jumpyay I love the book club :D And they love me too...they get lots of my money :lol

I ordered this book (couldn't get it to link from the book club without giving up my user info. I love y'all and everything but not even DH has my passwords :lol). Anyway, it is a totally cool book!! Some seriously nifty neato projects in this one :yes Absolutely gorgeous men's sweaters in there :drool It's about 1/2 afghans is the only drawback. If I'm gonna make a ghan I'll crochet it. Of course, I say that, but there are a few in this book that make me rethink that :scrachin:lol

Warm Up America, has patterns for knit 6" X 9" rectangles as well as crocheted ones. Perhaps you folks who find a complete knit afghan is too difficult, maybe you could make the rectangles and put it together yourself or donate them. I believe Michaels has a box in each store where you can drop them off and they have a few dedicated women who put them together and donate them to the needy.

Looks like I broke down and bought two knitting needles.....*looks at the shiny blue pointy things in her lap* They're so.....destructive....now if only I could learn how to use them....*grabs her ball of yarn*

C'mon girlie!!!! You can do it!!!!!

Go Maiden, Go Maiden, Go Maiden!!!!!!

Looks like I broke down and bought two knitting needles.....*looks at the shiny blue pointy things in her lap* They're so.....destructive....now if only I could learn how to use them....*grabs her ball of yarn*

You can do it!!! We know you can!!! :cheer:yay:cheer:clap

Hey, if I can do it you can....coordination is not my strong suit :lol

Megan great job on your socks so far, you are much further than I have ever gotten and I am one of the guilty with the second sock syndrome so doing them at the same time is very smart however i am not so smart at working those dpns I get frustrated and then i lock it all in a ziplock bag and bury it only to find it months later and have no clue where I left off ROTFL.

Cara your dishcloths look great keep up the great work

Maiden you can knit come on its easy only 2 main stitches hard part is learning to work with 2 needles after you have been crocheting for some time.

Today at work I showed a girl how to knit and she picked it up very quickly thank goodness cuz im not a good teacher I always want to take it and say no you have to do it this way instead of letting her keep them in her hands and telling her what to do next.

Yes, it does go much slower for me too, but maybe the more you do it ,the faster it gets.

That is absolutely the case........think about when you first learned to crochet.....you weren't very fast, were you? But as time went along, and you got better, you got faster, right? It'll come, I promise!!!!!

You can do it. I have it more or less figured out and I am not very co-ordinated.

Archived