~ The KnitWits ~

JulieKay

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tammy

Good for you for sticking with it ! I knew you'd catch on .

Poor Tab , let em have it. Want me to come up there and reem them out ? I'm pretty doggone good at letting people have it when the need arises .

And I dont need a bazooka to do it, my big mouth usually does the trick .

Thanks Julie, I mentioned the state & they seem to be trying to fix it. They have the big boss man on it & i'm giving him until noon tomorrow & then i'm calling the state. I already had to cancel his dentist appt. tomorrow which was only a cleaning but still I shouldn't of had to & he has to share Sage's sleepy meds. or i'de have to club him like the caveman days to get him to go to sleep so......we'll see. Of all kids to mess up they pick Tre. Even with meds. he is up past 11 p.m. :eek Hopefully I can straighten out by the 5th when he' due for his ADHD meds or i'll be heading for the BIG bridge. I know this is a touchy subject so i'll end this here & please just don't respond or judge if you don't believe in meds because this is not your life & you definitely don't live it. No more said after this from me & Thank you all for being so kind & listening. :manyheart:hug

Tab

I'm with Cara and Shay . I know what it's like to have things going on in your life and having people give you their unwanted advice on how I should be handling things differently .

It makes you REALLY mad .

Until someone is living in your body, they don't know what it's really like to be you and to have to deal with your situation ,so more power to you.

Do what you know is right for your situation .It's really no one else's business to comment unless you ask them for advice .

Tab, I support you 1000 percent.

A story...not that ADHD compares to this, but it's another mom dealing with a tough situation: I was at the hairdresser yesterday and a mom about my age brings her handicapped (physically and mentally) daughter in for nails and hair, too. The daughter is an innocent, but talks loudly and incessantly and on inappropriate topics which make little sense. We don't know how the mom can handle it, and so admrire her.

When it's your kid you know what is needed and what you can handle.

I hipe everything gets resoved quickly for you, my friend:hug:manyheart

I'm not a meds person - for kids or adults - but it's certainly not my place to judge someone who is. And it's not that I'm against ALL meds ALL the time, it's just that I think people think they're a quick solution and aren't always aware of the consequences, nor do they care. I also think we need to go back to understanding the natural remedies that do or can help, it's just we have this opinion that "medication" is superior to "natural". There are studies out that two different natural products actually to BETTER than their pharmacological counterparts (St. John's Wort and Red Yeast Rice) with fewer side effects. Oh, and they are CHEAPER!

Tab - is it possible that Tre can be pulling a fast one and not actually swallowing his meds? I've heard of kids doing that, especially those with control issues.

And whenever you need someone with the big bat, call me - I had to pull it out with the gal at the JoAnn's counter yesterday :lol !

Tab - is it possible that Tre can be pulling a fast one and not actually swallowing his meds? I've heard of kids doing that, especially those with control issues.

Oh my nephew used to do that! It was so irritating! :irk

Hey Tab I have a big club you can borrow for the guys who screwed things up. Hang in there. I have ADD and my brother is ADHD so I feel for you. I dont know how my mom could handle the two of us when meds were not used then. God bless you.

Hi all. I think I'm finally over the hump. Here's my sock past the gusset along with the new book I bought yesterday.

2690939230094065822S200x200Q85.jpg

And because I suffer from the "must have more than one WIP at a time" disease, here is the beginnings of a log cabin throw. I found the pattern on Mason Dixon Knitting.

2901195230094065822S200x200Q85.jpg

Amy-Wow!

Amy's BF Chris-Wow!

Tabby-I hope today is a better day for you.

Julie and Cara-When did we trade in our swashbuckling swords and cowboy six-shooters for bazookas?:lol

Very nice Sherri.

Tabby, you have my support all the way. My son was very allergic and a brittle asthmatic as a kid. I felt like a walking pharmacy. Negative comments on him taking so many meds, when those making the comments had no idea of the consequences of NOT taking them, used to infuriate me. You keep on doing what works for your family.

:hug :hug :hug

Hey Sherri- love your projects-- you are amazing me with those socks -- good golly,they are shaping right up into socks, aren't they ?

Also, you never know what you'll end up being in my groups-- sometimes cowboys, sometimes pirates and sometimes hippies. It's kinda fun to come in and goof around like that .

Julie-I'm amazing myself with the socks, too. I've been trying to knit socks for about 4 years now. Year one I tackled the cuff, year two the leg, year three I gave up on the heel. So, I'm very very happy that the only thing left is the foot and toe.

Sherri- so how much experience do you have in knitting ? Did anyone teach you or are you self taught ?

And what size yarn and needles are you using ? I am having a devil of a time finding sock yarn.

The little craft store in the next town sells it ,but it is pretty hard to catch the lady in, since she is semi-retired. She only comes in when the mood hits her or you have to call her and make an apppointment .

I was in there yesterday and they said she might not be back til Jan 7th .

Sherri - Color me impressed! :yes A color change and a gusset? You're a braver gal than me. Oh and different days call for different weapons :D

Okay, I saw this in the new AA catalog I got in yesterday's mail. It says it's super easy and "a great beginner project". Now I ask you, does that look like a beginner project to you? Methinks not :no Trying to talk myself into popping for the pattern just to find out :lol

Cara- now wait a minute here-- THAT is supposed to be a beginner pattern ? WHEW -- looks like a hard one to me, but very pretty. I like it a lot !

This is what I said :yes I saw the sweater and said to myself "now there's a sweater I'd like to have" and I read the description and it says in the paper catalog, and I quote, "Knit up this very popular sweater style that fits like a jacket from mari Sweaters. Great first project! Skill level: Beginner." Think I'm gonna have to find out for myself :yes

Sherri- so how much experience do you have in knitting ? Did anyone teach you or are you self taught ?

And what size yarn and needles are you using ? I am having a devil of a time finding sock yarn.

Let's see....I can still count my finished knitted projects on two hands. A friend taught me how to do a knit stitch in 1997 and another friend taught me how to purl in 1998. I didn't practice enough and forgot everything. So, I bought the Big Book of Knitting and during my husband's second deployment I decided to teach myself. I actually read the directions of what I wanted to learn until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I can knit, purl, make one, increase and decrease. I have done some yarn overs, but I have to have the stitch diagrams in front of me to do them. And I'm now only a little terrified when I drop a stitch.

As for yarn, I bought some Cascade 220 superwash wool some time ago (for a crochet project) and size 4 Brittany bamboo needles. The yarn is working up like a worsted weight and the bamboo needles help keep me from dropping stitches. I purchased both at a local quilt shop. I don't go in there very often because I end up buying too much fabric.

Have you tried shopping online for sock yarn? Or do you prefer to touch before you buy? I want to try Mountain Colors sock yarn and plan on ordering some soon. http://www.mountaincolors.com/

Sherri-thanks for the link. I guess maybe I will order some sock yarn if I can;t catch the yarn lady around anytime soon .

Cara- you can do it, I'll bet. I saw a really simple sweater pattern someplace on here the other day--- wish I would have saved it -- it'll take me while to dig around and find it again .

Okay, I saw this in the new AA catalog I got in yesterday's mail. It says it's super easy and "a great beginner project". Now I ask you, does that look like a beginner project to you? Methinks not :no Trying to talk myself into popping for the pattern just to find out :lol

That HAS to be a misprint:eek

Archived