For A Special Friend

sheryl*

I have this truely wonderful friend whom I've known thru my Junior High School years she is the same age as me (36) who has been on my mind alot. Like everyone else, we've been quite busy with our lives but have finally found the time to talk on the phone. Well the few months we hadn't talked it turned out she has had a small stroke. It just seems never ending for her having to struggle with her health, the baby from a family of I think 7 children. A true fighter and blessed and very caring and sweet person. We had filled each other in on how our families have been doing and the struggles and all we have made. I did mention to her my crochet projects I'm trying to work on and everytime we talk about it she mentions how gifted and talented I am (.....snicker, I feel differently though, lol), she just loves my work. She wishes she can crochet herself. I keep pressuring her into it though, lol. Anyway. She has been on my mind ALOT, I worry so much about her, I don't know what I would do if her health were to go down hill more. Her heart has problems, kidneys, lives, god sooo much. She's a very strong and devoted mother of 3 wonderful kids, that were blessed with her additude, lol, God help them. Anyway again to back to what I was wondering.....I would love to make her a lap ghan, but my with big projects is a very big challenge for me, and I am currently working on 2 blankets for my children for christmas 2008. If anyone has any spare time I'd like to collect 12 inch squares of various colors to make her, her owm lap ghan. She's a very special person to me and I would love for this to happen for her. Please if you are interested, please pm me and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

after Christmas be ok? I'd love to help.

I've had a small stroke myself and life is never the same after that.

I had a stroke 2 weeks after my 40th birthday and 4 days before my firstborn's wedding. I was discharged from the hospital on a Thursday she got married that Sat.:( Hard times.

Now I'm no longer able to work and it fills my heart with joy that I can be helpful by sending squares to become ghans for those in need.:crocheting

This community has helped me a lot with the need to put me to work :D

I'll send you a couple squares right after the 25th. Save a spot for me in the ghan please.:yes

PM me your address.

:hugThank you all for your help. I'll soon pm everyone with my address. I wanted to let you know, although I should have mentioned this before, that I am in no hurry with this ghan. I figured I would work on it thru the winter, but not taking all winter to get it done. lol. Afghans are my weakness. Thank you all again, I'll be in touch:hug

• 3 weeks later...

:)Hi everyone. I was thinking about the comfort ghan I'd like to make for my friend Lisa as I mentioned earlier. I spoke to her today after not realizing that she had left me a message on my answering machine a few days ago, until last night. She sounded real sick. I was so worried and it was too late in the evening to call her to appologize to her. Again she is battling another flu or bad cold. I honestly don't know how she does it, she's such a strong person right now. Anyway....I was thinking of a date to have the squares for her made. How about the end of February? Her birthday is March 15th. That way it will give me time to join the squares, plus add a bit more to her care package. I have made her a couple jewelry bags sofar, was thinking of some dish cloths and maybe some book markers too. If you still want to help me with the 12" square please let me know if you need me address. I know I sent it out, but not sure if I have everyone. Or if you're just coming across this post and want to help that's good too. :)More help the better since larger projects are my weakness, lol. :eekAnyway I do hope everyone here is having a good evening, I'm still working on flding clothes here inbetween crocheting and the computer, lol.

Take care!!!:hug

I think I still have your addy. Any certain color, pastel or bright, pattern or whatever? I love making big squares.

It's your choice. I'm curious to see how this all turns out, lol. Maybe next time I'll be more specific, but for now I just want to make this. Let me know if you need my address again. ok.

:cheerI wanted to let you all know that I've recieved 2 squares sofar! I know everyone is pretty busy with their own things they have to get done, I too have projects and goals to complete, but I do appreciate your help and thank you. Also I'll be posting pictures in my blog on how the joining is coming along. :manyheartThat way everyone knows how it looks.

I have the sqaure finished and will get it to the post office as soon as their computers are back up. I went yesterday and they weren't going to be up until today or tomorrow.

:worriedHi ladies. I wanted to let you all know that is helping me with putting my comfortghan together, that I truely appreciate your help. Due to my work, my house cleaning and now me having a cold that's alittle more than a cold has caused me to fall behind some. For that I appologize too. I due owe some thank yous that I will be making a list of, hoping I don't get my comfortghans mixed up, but if I end up doing so PLEASE let me know. The squares that I have recieved sofar are really pretty and wonder with some how they made that, lol. I also want to get some pictures. I have a few bordered with black, figure I'll be doing both with this color. :hugYou all are such wonderful people and I can only hope that when I help you, that I make you as happy. :)

Evening Sheryl, I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well:hug If there is anyway I can help you please just let me know I am more than happy to help

my squares are heading out to you tomorrow

hope you feel better soon,

:hug

sissie

I just got back from the Post Office and I mail squares off to you But for some reason I have this nagging feeling That I have yours and Samtaros messed up:(

I sent you three and Sam four for her Hospice patients. so If you get Sam's and they will not work for you will you let me know. sorry If I have messed all this up:( Just one more thing to be happening this week!

Hugs,

sissie

No worries. It will work for my friend with the health issues. I too have gotten myself mixed up here. Afraid I'll miss a thank you to someone. Trying to keep myself organized between the 2 confortghans it hard, I waited too long :(. But hopefully all will work out and I won't get the squares mixed up. I hope the ones that were sent to hospice will work. We all have bad days.

No worries. It will work for my friend with the health issues. I too have gotten myself mixed up here. Afraid I'll miss a thank you to someone. Trying to keep myself organized between the 2 confortghans it hard, I waited too long :(. But hopefully all will work out and I won't get the squares mixed up. I hope the ones that were sent to hospice will work. We all have bad days.

thanks and a BIG :hug:hug for you trying to make two at the same time! that in itself is hard!

Archived