5/23/05 Finished Project Tinkerbell

Tampa Doll

That really turned out awesome! :cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer

I'd go with a rainbow border, since you're asking for recommendations. I think it would give it a good frame that way. Can hardly wait to see it finished, and to hear all about how your grand-daughter is gonna yak your ears off raving about it! :D

And yes, I too am curious to see what the backside looks like...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, let me get this straight - this blankie is REVERSIBLE??? :eek

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Well, I'm just all out of superlatives now! Wow! :yay:clap:yay

It's so wonderful and you are extremly talented :cheer:nworthy Ho hum :think I'm trying to make hubby a harley blanket & I don't see that mine will look same on the front and the back :( It looks like a cat atacked it on the back :eek

I don't know what to say! That is stunning! I just showed it to my dd and she WANTS ONE! Awesome job, Mary Jo.....absolutely awesome!

MaryJo I just wanted to say Thank you because of you I figured out the right way to do it, without having cut string and a hanging mess. I finally after reading over & over your posts and looking at your blankets forever I got it :cheer Thank you for your inspiration and help :hug

I just really love this blanket and wish I had one just like it. You are so awesomely (is that even a word??!!) talented and I am jealous;) . You ought to be so so proud!!! :cheer:yay

Tinker is done and ready to go. :cheer Should I send the Granddaughters :c9 their Special Afghans now or wait until fall when it gets cold in Jersey? :think

FinishedTinkerbell001.jpg

th_LabelFinishedTinkerbell003.jpg :hook th_FinishedTinkerbell004.jpg

It is fabulous!!! I love the edging too. You are just incredible, can you even see your hands move or are they a blur? LOL My twenty year old is so jealous, she loves tinkerbell, and wants you to adopt her. I told her "get in line".

:manyheart

Send it right away!!!! I am excited for them to get them...lol. I :manyheart how Tinkerbell turned out, and I am sure that they will love having them on their beds, and that ac can get pretty chilly sometimes;)

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your warm and fuzzy praise on the afghan.:day

As for the edging, it is very simple. I sc in any sc and then I chain 5, skip 2 and sc in next sc. That is it. I do this all the way around the first row.

Row two: If I change colors, I sc in any loop with new color, chain 5 then sc in next chain.

If I do not change colors, I do row one then slip stitch 2 times in first loop, ch1 sc then chain 5 then sc in next loop.

It is really the simplist way to edge something. If you like, you can add to the number of chs. ex: row 2 sc chain 6. or you can make a double loop in each corner. That is what is so nice about this edging. You can do anything you want.

Hope this answers the question.

:hook

Archived