Fluffy Pink Shrug Schematics

mrs who

That is so cute! Your daughter looks so cute in it!:hook:yay

I made this one for my daughter,but it ended up to small, so now its a christmas present for my neice..lol..my daughter is modeling it though..lol...

malshrug1.jpg

malshrug2.jpg

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all:

I finished my shrug at the end of June but just managed to take pics recently. Here's the front view:

http://photos21.flickr.com/29762756_fec3eaac1f.jpg

and the back:

http://photos22.flickr.com/29762891_3696fc95fd.jpg

(it's my first time linking to Flickr photos, so I hope this works) :blush

The lace on the back is just fantastic. I've received so many comments from people who now look at shrugs in a whole new light.

I used acrylic to make it and it's been too hot to wear it this summer. You can be sure I'll be wearing it often in the Fall.

Thanks for a fantastic pattern. :c9

Cheryl.

Tell me a Yarn

http://mason204.journalspace.com

I've searched high and low for a pattern...now I can make one for myself (and all of my neices, since I have two boys and of course they wouldn't be interested in this!) I'm using Red Heart TLC Essentials in Persimmon...will post a photobucket photo when I'm done (the hardest part is actually working on the rectangle)...Thanks for sharing your wonderful pattern with the rest of us!

I'm embarrassed to ask for help with the math but please bear with me.

I really want to do this.

I took the measurements i needed.

around the arm 11 inches

from wrist to wrist to 42 inches

gauge (k hook ww yarn) 3 stitches per inch

so if my brains working....

i need to do a chain of 34, ( 11X3 plus one to turn) which will give me 33 single crochet

which is the odd number i need to do the sweater stitch.

i continue this for the 42 inches (the wrist to wrist measurement)....YES???????

I think if i know that i've got it right this far then i can take it

from there....

i SO appreciate :manyheart your advice and setting me straight if needed.

I had to fly to washington D.C. from Boston this past week-end and made one on the trip. I am so excited it came out great! Thanks so much for the pattern

• 4 weeks later...

gorgeous!!...i can't wait to try it out...i've been looking for a pattern to something similar to this...i am a costume designer/couturier, and sewing i could make it in a flash with no pattern...but crocheting wise i don't think i'm experienced enough or even patient enough to make it from scratch...:D

thank you much...:hook will get working on it soon...

...Manda...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I have made a shrug almost like the one you have described. I am making another on your pattern. My question is about the tie. Does the shrug become close enough to tie after adding the ruffle? I can't quite see that much detail from the photo.

Thanks for any help.:think

Hi! I have made a shrug almost like the one you have described. I am making another on your pattern. My question is about the tie. Does the shrug become close enough to tie after adding the ruffle? I can't quite see that much detail from the photo.

Thanks for any help.:think

You just keep increasing the ruffle until it IS close enough to tie - more rows of ruffle mean it'll cover more of your front. My daughter overlaps the front of hers and pins it over the tummy area most times - like Oprah's "bus" sweater.

I hope you'll post a pic when you're done! :)

I am very inspired by this pattern - I'm just afraid that it won't turn out right :blush

Something to add to my list of WIPs ;)

you can certainly make this. i did, and i've only been crocheting for about 2 months. i've not put the ruffle on because i've not learned any decorative ruffly stitches. gonna have to do that someday. but i've been wearing it plain and i love it. :c9

I'm in love with this pattern =) I've been meaning to give it a whirl for ages (ok since the day this post was created lol) But I've been busy and distractable so I never got round to it till this week.

Thank you so much for your awesome schematics =) I didn't even have any trouble with the math (and that's saying something for me rofl)

Here is the shrug I made:

finishedyellowshrug5mx.jpg

I *think* it's about a size 7/8 girls, but I haven't got a little girl handy to try it on lol. The recipient is in the states so I'm just hoping it'll fit her lol.

I used Caron Simply Soft in Yellow, made the majority of it using extended sc, then about 6 inches on each sleeve is done in shell stitch and I used the ruffle you described in the schematics since I'd already used shells in the sleeves. Then I just whipped up a flower and attached it to a pin so it can be used as a closure, or it can be worn on a hat (when I get that finished it will be done in the shell stitch like the sleeves)

Now I can't wait to make one for me.... though I dunno how good it'll look on my new fat/flabby self lol. I still want one ;)

• 3 weeks later...
:cheer This is super , I am already seeing all the things I can do with your guides.I cant wait to try it out and then maybe some of those cute cardigans everyone is wearing by just adding more rows before the edging WOW this is so great

I happened across this thread while doing a mad search for a simple crocheted shrug pattern. I've finally found it!! Thank you!! I intend to make this without the ruffle and can't wait... well, in fact I didn't wait-- I started it out with some Caron Bliss yarn, and it ended up being bulkier than I'd like. Plus, after about 12 rows, I realized that I was supposed to have done an odd number of stitches in the row instead of even, and thus wasn't doing the "sweater stitch" pattern. Blast! But that's okay, I'll be picking up more yarn tomorrow. :lol

I do have one question-- how did you (or anyone else who's completed on) stitch up the two arm sides? Did you just sew them shut with a darning needle or did you slip stitch, then turn the whole shrug inside out? I'm wondering which would look better.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, ignore my previous post, I just went ahead and did it. lol

I'm posting photos of my finished shrug! Don't mind that my head is cut off in the pics because I'm posting what I'm wearing on my head in another thread at some point.

shrugfront.jpg

shrugback.jpg

I used a boucle yarn, I love it! The only thing I'd like is for it to be longer in the back. I don't exactly know how I'd acomplish that though.. I feel like if I just added more rows to the part that's not attached at the arms that it'll just be sort of a flap on the back instead of an integrated part. Seems like a lot of people who have posted theirs have a much longer back part... not sure exactly how that would work!

I got my guage which is 3 sts to an inch and my arm measurement is 11 so that would give me 33 plus the one for turning means 34, so my question is do I chain 34stiches or do I add more as this seems too small to me.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone used any different stitch patterns for the body portion on this pattern? I'm starting one tonite to wear at a marriage retreat early next month and I'm using the diagonal box stitch for the body. I'll probably stick with the shells for the ruffle though. I'm really hoping to add some extra touches on the sleeves, we'll see how that turns out. I'll post pictures when it's done.

Archived