Fluffy Pink Shrug Schematics

mrs who

You are a DOLL!!!! I'm printing this off right now and going to find some yarn to PLAY WITH in my stash!!!

Huggers!! :hook

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started one today. I'm using a sc and X crochet pattern that I've made up. Very cute for the body and arms of the shrug!Thank you for posting this!!

Laura B.

I'm very impressed with your Cocoon Sweater/Shrug....well done!!:clap :clap :clap

Also, your pattern.....breaking it down for alot of people.

I have 2 students who are making my version....one with Baby Soft, the other in Lustre Sheen......can't wait to show them your version...

I really like your collar version....will try that on a couple I've already started (kid's versions, of course).

Again, great job..:cheer :cheer

Ken

THAT CROCHET GUY

http://:spaces.msn.com/members/kenjones5

I have to say, while I like yours I could never see myself wearing one... well, you made it look so easy, I've gotta try it anyway! lol

Sometimes you just need something different to wear, right? Right!

Now if only I could figure out what color and yarn!

Oh my goodness - thank you SO much for your generosity in sharing this pattern!

Now I know what to make for my daughter's birthday present! Can hardly wait for the printer to finish so I can get started!

Just gorgeous ... thank you again! :c)

Hook and I (Nancy)

This is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. It sort of looks like a cocoon sweater but your instructions aren't so intimidating! I can't wait to try it.

Since my printer's not wanting to communicate with my computer I've saved your instructions to Word along with your pics.

I'm going to try a knit version in Lion Brand Homespun, I found a color called Metropolis and I think it'll look awesome knit on big needles. I just need to get a longer pair of #13 circulars. The color is black and white twisted together, looks like.

I hope to get to it as soon as I finish the other afghan I need to do this week.

:frog

I want to thank you, lovely lady. Your pattern is perfect. I have been trying to make a shrug, no luck. The patterns I tried didn't work out. Your pattern is so easy. It was a lot of fun to make. Thanks again.:cheer

Lauri, this is GREAT. I love this kind of "pattern" that lets you get the basic idea and then adjust it for size and get creative with it! I've never seen any books do petterns this way, but it's such a great idea. It's kind of like "choose your own adventure" books, but with a crochet pattern! Thank you so much for sharing it!

:book Raquel

Raquel, your comment gives me the courage to work out some patterns that are customizable like this one. It's nice to know that there are people like me who want to do their own thing and don't need to be instructed stitch by stitch.

This is beautiful...thanks so much for sharing it....It will be added to my list of things to do! I know you stated that you can use any type of yarn ...can you tell us what you used and how much?

Thanks

Thank you. I used Bernat Baby Softee in pink http://store.knitting-warehouse.com...-baby-yarn.html and it took almost all of three skeins. I was surprised, actually, that it took quite so much for a womens size small. (US 6/8) I used a G hook for the body and an H hook for the ruffle. I believe my gauge was about 3 spi. I think any sport or dk weight yarn would be best, but I don't really like bulky clothing.

Thank you so much for such clear instructions. I was following some others I had come across, but now a-frogging I will go and start over with your help.

Thanks again, and I'll post my progress.:U

• 1 month later...

Add my thanks to the many so far for the time you took to explain and demonstrate your technique. A pattern may not be necessary, but I think more of us need at least some guidance than don't, and you've provided us with a terrific map. And great job, it goes without saying on the shrug itself!

Archived