Sewn Santa Hat Purse

rsisland

I think these are so cute that I wanted to share them with everyone :manyheart

I made these from Santa and Jester hats that I found at the Dollar Tree. Everyone who I gave one to have :manyheart them, especially a special little 18 month old I know.

th_IM000851.jpg

th_IM000849.jpg

th_IM000845.jpg

These are fully lined and pics are clickable

;)

So did any one figure out how she did that?

I know a few little ones that might like them hmm maybe I might sport one over the holidays...hmmm hmm she could make some money on those!!

I would be will to buy the pattern or a purse....

So did any one figure out how she did that?

I know a few little ones that might like them hmm maybe I might sport one over the holidays...hmmm hmm she could make some money on those!!

I would be will to buy the pattern or a purse....

I figured she just cut off the top of the hat and sewn the opening closed, and then sewn the tassle part that was just cut off onto the rim of the hat, which becomes the top of the purse. Then add a handle.

VERY creative and adorable idea!

So, here's the best I can guess:

hatpurse1.jpg

You take the hat, and I'd probably fold it to make sure that the top of the pompom would stick out as much as you needed it, and then fold the hat, and cut along that line. Then I'd turn part 2 inside out, and line up the edges. Sew together, and then fold it up so that it looked like the purse. Then sew on a handle.

She may have done it a totally different way though.

I figured she just cut off the top of the hat and sewn the opening closed, and then sewn the tassle part that was just cut off onto the rim of the hat, which becomes the top of the purse. Then add a handle.

VERY creative and adorable idea!

Sorry everyone...I was at work last night.

That is pretty much how it's done.

I turn the hat inside out and then measure down from where the white is attached to the red. The blue one I didn't measure and you can see that the bottom of the purse is a bit uneven. The hats aren't true triangles. I just pick a length depending on how deep I want the purse and how long I want the top flap to be. I sew both openings closed. I sew the flap between the lining and the hat. I also sew in the handles while I am sewing in the lining. You have to go a little slow when you reach the flap part because of all the layers. You can add velcro, snap or buttons to either the flap or the inside of the purse if you want a way to keep it closed. These were mostly for kids, so I skipped that part.

If that isn't clear enough, just ask and I'll see if I can clear it up for you :manyheart

Absolutely Adorable!!! I may have to add it to my project list for next year!

Thank you so much for sharing your idea!

Angie

Keep an eye out for the after Christmas sales :cheer

Archived