Project Linus

princsstrish

I just joined the ranks of those wonderful people who make blankets for Project Linus. Since it was only mentioned WAY down on this board, I just wanted to mention it again! It's a great charity, and you make things on your own time. They have chapters everywhere. Go to their website and find the one closest to your home.

Project Linus

Thanks!!!

Tricia:thumbsup

Thanks Tricia!

I checked out Project Linus and found a local yarn store that accepts donations. In fact, from this one store there was 120 blankets donated and given to those who suffered through Hurricane Charley.

I think it's just terrific! :grouphug

In fact, they also hold a Stitch n' Bitch meetup every Wednesday evening so I think I'll be checking that out. I can't wait. :loco

Project Linus is actually one of the big factors in motivating me to learn to crochet. I plan to donate blankets to them as soon as I feel like my work is good enough to pass on to strangers =) I hope to start making contributions next year.

Swayde,

Anything handmade is greatly appreciated. There is a hospital here where I live. ONe of the Maternity ward nurses has said that some of the new parents take their babies home with the maternity ward blankets because they don't even have one at home for their baby. these type of people would be greatful for anything you could make. And I'm sure your works are beautiful!!! A simple sc blankie would be much appreciated, in a pretty baby color. Here are a few links to some free and easy patterns.

www.projectlinus.org/pattern1.htm

www.projectlinus.org/pattern4.htm

www.bundlesoflove.org/ruvstitchaf.htm

the V-stitch one is my favorite. It can be made very quickly and is easy as pie!!!

Tricia

Thank you for the links. I have a friend of the family who just found out she's expecting. She is one of 8 children herself, and her husband doesn't make much money so they had to move back in with her mother to be able to afford the baby. I plan to make an easy ripple baby blanket for her from a pattern I found online that is commonly used for Project Linus, and possibly some clothing as well, maybe even a little stuffed bear or bunny or something to help her out. Once I am done with my own personal charity cause, I will begin working towards my Project Linus goals. I absolutely love the idea of my hobby being useful and appreciated by those in need. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy =)

Archived