Camo Overload!!..hats, mittens, and earwarmers

KimVH

One of my friends at work lost a close friend to the war in Iraq. The soldier's wife was 7 mos. pregnant at the time. The family held a charity auction to help cover future education expenses for the baby. I crocheted this little set to be donated to the auction.

AuctionSet.jpg

Several of the family members loved them so much that they asked if I could do a few more for them. Here we are 6 adult hats, 6 pair adult mittens, and 2 kids hat and mittens later...

CamoCrop.jpg

The mittens must be pretty close in shape because you can hardly tell that there are two in each pile!!

Believe me, I was very honored and grateful to do this for them BUT I am soooo ready to crochet with real colors again!!

Thanks for looking.

Very Lovely Sets! Are the mittens crocheted? Did you find the pattern on the web? If so, can you tell me where you found it? Thanks! Judy:)

Thanks everyone. I got the mitten pattern out of this publication that I bought at either Michael's or JoAnn's.

brightwinterwonders.jpg

http://www.coatsandclark.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=290&page_id=5047296&query=bright+winder+wonders&hiword=BRIGHTEN+BRIGHTER+BRIGHTLY+BRIGHTS+WONDER+WONDERED+WONDERFUL+WONDERING+bright+wonders+

At the Coats and Clark web site (coatsandclark.com) you can choose 'crochet' ,then choose 'apparel' rather than the 'babies, etc' section. There

is a pattern to print for hats and mittens that goes from size preemie to men's size 22. The pattern is nice but I don't know if it is like the one in the book or another one. Nice work on all those camo mitten and hat sets.

Nancy

Archived