Comfortghans...UPDATED pics of squares for dev

YarnFeather

I have 4 squares done for Kayla but want to make at least 1 for each boy. So will probably mail them out Monday if that's OK? If not, then I can drop Kayla's in the mail tomorrow.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to share this with you all about Kev and how he is doing.... posted by Kari on her CaringBridge site.

Hello!

Kevin finished his 2nd round of chemo on Tuesday. He did good with it and did not get sick at all. He was a little bit more off balance on Monday but is doing better today. Next week he will have bloodwork in Fairmont.

It was so nice out today so Kevin was out in his garage trying to find something to do! Hes been so bored lately.

Kevin and I planted some flower seeds that Dalton brought home from school for Mothers Day. I dont have a green thumb at all so I hope they grow! LOL Dalton was so proud to bring those home.Weve been talking about planting some flowers but today was the first time weve gotten out there to do it.

I got 2 more yesterday and 4 more today! Will post pics on my blog as soon as Im off work tomorrow!

Thanks a million!!!

I have laid them out on the bed and I have

11 for Kayla

2 for Devin

4 for Dylan and

2 for lil Dalton..... anyone else sending before I start the rest of them to make them the same size?

If anyone else is considering sending squares, I would love to have them post marked by May 30th if at all possible.

Thanks!

Coralie!! WHOLY MOLY! LMBO!! FIFTEEN??? WOWSERS!!!!

I would hate to even ask you do to more... when i have them all I can make up the rest for the boys..... I am still expecting some in the mail..... Hugs girlfriend! Heather

I have 11 done so far and one on the hook, 2 for Kayla and the rest are for the boys. I see that there should be enough squares for Kayla's comfortghan, so I'll be making some more for the boys. I'll have them mailed out before the 30th.

Here is the latest post from the caringbridge.org site that Kari uses...... Thought you would all like to know how Kev is doing...

"Good evening!!

There hasnt been too much going on the last week so thats been kind of nice really. Kevin did have bloodwork on Friday. I hope the counts will still be good like they have continued to be. He went to the eye doctor on Friday too. They said he has few blood spots behind his eyes but they said chemo can do that. Im pretty sure diabetes can do that too. Last Wednesday Kevin was very off balance. He woke up that morning and had fell about 4 times. We went to his moms and dads and he almost fell backwards off their front steps.He didnt get hurt at all-thank God- but it scares me when he does that. His balance is not too good in the morning at all.

We got a phone call the other day from the school and they had wanted to help us out some so they brought over a gift card to Kmart and some left over food they had from a banquet. That was so thoughtful and we TRULY appreciate that. With me not working that really helped us out so I thank them for that!

Thank you for everyones continued support and prayers. "

Check my blog later for pics of Kev, Kari and the kiddos! Im working on it now..... will be up by 5-16am. :c9

I still have 3 finished squares to send- one each of yellow, blue and purple. I am planning on working on a few more this weekend, if you have a preference on color I can maybe help out with a color scheme that was already started. Let me know. And I will send at the first of next week.

Tandi

Heather I'm in between projects right now and I'd like to help if you still need squares and since my youngest son is a Dalton too I feel compelled. So I could make squares for Devin red & black right , and Dalton green. Let me know if I've got the colors right and if you still need them :hug

I can not post on blogger tonight... so here is the pic.....

Crochet018.jpgMy son took the pic, and he didnt use the light settings... sorry its so dark!

So, now I need to know what color you think the borders for the squares and outside should be???

1- Pink

2- White

3- Purple

4- Verigated of all 3

Beautiful! I love it. :yay :yay :yay

My vote would be for either white or off-white to brighten it up a bit and bring out the beauty of the squares.

Here is the latest from Kevin and Kari's CarigBridge journal... wanted to share it. Keep you good thoughts a coming!

"It seems like I havent wrote on here for awhile. Kevins doing good but was very tired today. He slept in later than normal and ended up having a headache which worrys me every time he gets one.

He finally got to go fishing the other night. I think he really enjoyed that. He didnt catch anything though but still had fun. Dylan, our 6 year old, was the one who caught a small walleye! I know the kids had fun too but I think we need to get more fishing poles so there isnt arguing over who gets to fish first! LOL

Last Tuesday Kevin had to get 3 more teeth pulled because they were bothering him real bad. We had to get it okayed through his oncologist first though. So he had Kevin have blood work done to make sure his counts were good which they were. Radiation sure did a number on his teeth which they said it could since he had it aimed at his head. I know that bothers him though.

Today Connie, our neighbor, mowed the lawn for us, which we really appreciate. That really helps us out. Things like that we are truly grateful for. Last week Kevin did get out there and mowed a little but I know its a little hard on him.

On Friday the 27th Kevin goes back to Mankato for bloodwork and to start his 3rd round of chemo. I will keep everyone posted on how hes feeling during that time.

Thank you once again to everyone for all of the prayers and all of the things everyone has helped us out with. Big or small its always appreciated!!"

Archived