Comfortghans...UPDATED pics of squares for dev

YarnFeather

Okay, if no one wants to, that is fine.

I just found out from my best friend (Kari) that her husband (Kevin) is fighting his 2nd battle with a brain tumor. I was not able to be there for her during his first round of cancer, and I am so glad I am here for her NOW!

Kari and I have known each other for almost 20 years now, and we haven't seen each other since we were 17 and 18. We lived in a foster home together and were more sisters than friends.

We just found each other a year and a half ago on the internet, but have yet to meet each other's children. We have to yet see what each of us looks like GROWN UP! LOL None the less, once we found each other, it seemed like the years lost had just re appeared!

Anyhow... I tend to mumble! LOL

I was hoping (like I said before, ONLY if you WANT to) that some of my friends here at Crochetville would help me put together comfortghans for her 4 children. Dylan, Dalton, Devin and Kayla. They are ages 5-12. I want to personally suprise her and Kevin by making these for her kids, and give them to them face to face. The problem is, I just do NOT have the time to get them done on my own. I would really love to tell them how some people I know helped me make it possible for me to come see them.

Once again, this is only if you want to! Okay?? Please let me know here, or you can pm me.

Thank you so much.

He does have a caringbridge site, and I will find out from her if I can share him with you all. Thank you!

THank you so much for helping!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem I couldn't seem to explain myself right but she had a bunch of people ready and quite a few squares had been done so this seems like it would be just perfect for that. :hug God Bless you for wanting to do this I'll say prayers.

hello Yarn Feather.

As it has been mentioned I had started plans for some comfortghans and the plans got cut off. I have some people sending me their squares still and I'll be putting them together. If you PM me your address I'll go ahead and send the completed afghans to you. We have 12" squares, so the size would be 4'by4'. Is that alright? I've already recived squares from Chatty and she made a beautiful pineapple squares in purple fleck! And I have a heart pattern in yellow. So maybe we could put those in the girls afghan? Let me know what you think. Depending on how many people are still sending me their squares I may be able to put two together. :hook

Amber

The MIL apparently doesn't realize what the comfortghans mean. I'm so sorry she's being so interfering. :angry

:hugs to you, your heart is in the right place, even if the MIL's isn't.

:frog

I'm glad you are going to do it anyways. It's not about the MIL, it's about your friend/sister. Comfortghans are a GREAT thing, maybe she's just jealous cuz she can't do something like that. Some people.

Anyways, I'll help if you need it. Make some squares. Let me know colors or whatever :)

Trish

Devins favorite color is red and black, Kaylas is pink or purple, Dylans is red and black or red and blue too and Daltons is green he said....lol-his used to be blue!

This is what I got from Kari this morning..... so pretty much dark colors for the boys, and girly girl colors for my Kayla.... Thanks!

I am sooooo glad you have decided to make the comfortghans anyway. :clap That was my thought when you first said it but did not think it was my place to say it to you. Glad you decided to do it. :)

My :2c... I think the squares we are sending to Amber are too large for small children and they are not necessarily appealing to children.

My suggestion is make 6" or 7" squares.

I will be glad to make up a few. Just let me know what size. I'm sure I have some kid friendly yarn in my stash. :)

Barbara

YarnFeather, you can count me in also. 7" squares it is. I'll need you addy. You can either PM me or email me with it. I'll put all else aside so you can get these to them.

Heather,

I can help out and make a few squares. I have lots of girly yarn to use for Kayla. I also have some darker colors for the boys. Send me a pm with your address.

:manyheart

Here are my 1st 2 squares.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/myprojects1/redblackwhite7charitysq.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/myprojects1/redblackcharity7sq.jpg

I'm working on one with pink and purple. about 1/2 finished. If I could get off the computer I could get it finished too :lol

Barbara

I will be mailing out my squares to you tomorrow (Friday), I made several for Kayla 'cause I have lots of pink and purple, but I made at least 1 for each of the boy's afghans too.

Barbara

Archived