Peachy Keen in Green

lilmari

hiyas :D

i made Janelle Schlossman's Peachy Keen Hat http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/pkh.html (yay!) but in green..

with an I hook instead of an H

peachykeenhatgreen.jpg

it's been a while since ive had any time for crochet, and this worked up super fast..

i put some elastic in the 1st sc round close to the edge. i measured it around my head and tied it in a loop, then just sc'd around like normal with the loop slowly getting covered up :P and i rolled up the brim cuz i couldn't see with the brim down lol

now if i could just remember my blogger password...

I was looking for a pattern for a cool crocheted hat, and this is it! Thanks for posting. Your hat is adorable! I personally prefer the brim flared out, like in the original, but it's nice to know it's adaptable to bing elasticized and rolled.

Great Job!

I whipped this hat up today (it goes fast!), but I could NOT get the brim to flare upward (I was using the original pattern).

Does anyone know what the trick is to this?

I whipped this hat up today (it goes fast!), but I could NOT get the brim to flare upward (I was using the original pattern).

Does anyone know what the trick is to this?

Alaina, Round 13 is the round that gives the hat the bell shape, but the hat doesnt flare up unless you shape it that way. i wear this hat with the brim down sometimes when i'm feeling mysterious (lol) and the way i get it to look more like the picture is just a simple "swoop" of my finger.

while i'm wearing it, i run my finger along the front of the brim (imagine the hat is like your hair and you're smoothing it back/away) and that gives it a nice flare for my eyeballs to do their job ;)

:hook

(thanks again y'all for the comments!)

Archived