ribbon yarn scarf

knitsandknots

I tried another Tunisian knit stitch scarf, this time using alternating ribbon yarn (Lion Brand "Incredible" - Autumn Leaves) and another inherited yarn I had sitting around (I have no idea what the brand or color is, but its probably worsted weight and synthetic, a rose color). I thought the combination of the colors was so beautiful I never wanted to stop! I amazingly got the ribbon yarn from the dollar store, but they only had one roll of this color. I bought some blue that I may try as well. I'm not sure what size hook I used, maybe an M? It was one of my "fat" ones, but unfortunately is cheap and doesn't have the size on it anywhere!

I had tried using just the ribbon yarn and thought it a little gaudy, so I thought the other yarn would break up the color a bit. I had a little difficulty with the left edge and had to do some "creative" finishing to hide it. I'm not an expert at tunisian stitches, so I think I'll try to figure out what I did wrong and try it agian. Anyone know anything that would help me out? Thanks!

2094220084_e5ab8c987f_o.jpg

2094220088_0b6ed2edba_o.jpg

2104939705_8aee018d84.jpg

OMG...I LOVE IT! I also saw ribbon yarn at my dollar store but couldn't think of what to do with it....thanks for the idea...I am going back and getting some!!

Same here!

I didn't know what to do with it either. Although I doubt there's much left now. There was an entire end shelf full of it (and fun fur).

You did a great job on this scarf!

You have completely inspired me!! I have about 5 rolls of this yarn that I happened upon in a clearance bin, but couldn't figure out what to use it in. I was afraid that making a scarf with it really wouldn't be too comfy, or my main thing, too warm...I had thought about adding a yarn to it, but wasn't too sure on how that would work, either.

I had decided to use the ribbon for an ipod arm band, as that wouldn't need to be warm or anything, but now that I see your scarf...that is WOW! :yay

I am totally doing that now, with my armband, and maybe even a scarf as well (I think I will have enough for both, plus maybe more!)!!

I bought several balls of this years ago and have never made anything with it now I just may pair it up with that sage suede that I bought at Michael's on Thursday. Thanks for the idea.

I have that yarn in a beautiful shade of royal blue...will have to do something with it now. I loved the color but didn't know what to do with it. Your scarf is lovely.

Don't know about anywhere else, but I still see this ribbon yarn at the dollar tree here as well as big lots, also for $1.00

Just curious, how much of the ribbon yarn did you use on the scarf??

Archived