See my manly afghan!

texasredhead

I made this afghan for my son for Christmas to put on his leather couch. It was made with yarn from Mary Maxim that was given to me. I think it was a kit, but no instructions were there. It was skeins of tan, beige, and rust. I added a multicolored round with Caron natural colors, and edged everything with Bernat Satin in brown with a single crochet around all of the squares and the edge. The squares were 6 inch rows of sedge stitch on some and some were tiffany block. Then a round of multi. I really like how it turned out, and I want to thank my friend Suzanne (Lavender Bear) for showing me how to join all the squares by crocheting them together instead of whip stitching like a usually do. I know my son will love it!!

sonafghan.jpg

closeup of blocks:

sonafghanclose.jpg

Beautiful!! When I first looked at it I thought you had mistakenly posted a pic of a Rag Quilt. (Squares of fabric[flannel, cotton, denim] sewn together with the seams exposed so that when washed, the edges fray, wonderful technique!) I love your manghan! The colors give great illusion.

You know, you have inspired me to crochet a manghan of my own!

Thank you and great work!!

I like the pattern stitch - textured but not lacy. Also, I like how you put a white square border around the blanket. Great job!

The squares around the edge are actually biege. The colors of the yarn that I had given to me free were beige, med brown, and rust. I had to make the amount of squares for the colors that I had. It just happened that I had more of the beige so the outside was that color because it had the most blocks. :)

Archived