HAM, Mile-a-minute

crochetfun

Question

11 answers to this question

It stands for "Half-mile a Minute".

Both of these are techniques to crochet strips which are then joined together usually for afghans, but you can also use them alone as scarves. They are simplish patters which are repeated over and over to the desired strip length. You can crochet them at a speed of "a mile a minute" (fast).

:ty Maybe we should create a "crochet dictionary" for these terms.

:)

Thanks for your help.

Not a bad idea. It took me forever to find out what LYS was. And RAOK.

My deduction: local yarn store, but it's just a guess:)

You're exactly right! LYS is local yarn store! Great deduction :sher !

You're exactly right! LYS is local yarn store! Great deduction :sher !

Thanks, I still think we could create a mini-dictionary. It would be useful to many of us.

E.g. what is MIL

lol I'm with ya's on the dictionary. There are many things I see and am just guessing at. I've got the basics I think. Ty, yw, lol... Of course here all these things are replaced by smilies :lol .

mother in law

Thanks. (I thought so, but was not sure)

So, SIL would be son-in-law or sister-in-law.

DH? - some reference to husband, (for a while I thought it would be Dear, because I saw DD, which I presumed was Dear Daughter, but I have never seen a DS, so that is kind of baffling)

Yup...DH is dear or darling husband, along with DD, DS, D... add whatever family member you want the dear/darling attached. BUT...when used in a nasty or angry sentance, it can mean damn husband, etc. hehe we ALL know how that goes:eek . I just refer to my spouse as the husbeast.

search on-line for "blogger" terms. There are so many and some of them are quite neat and useful.

Archived